Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro James Morrison

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think I read a few days ago that Boro have hiked their ST prices since promotion, cheapest is £570 or something like that, needless to say the locals weren't impressed.

That isn't the whole story though. They have previously had nine successive years of prices being frozen; existing holders who renewed before the April deadline will be paying £21 per game next season, one of the lowest figures in the Premier League. Those who were not existing holders, but applied to become one before the deadline, will be paying £24 per game on average.

The prices now in effect will be equivalent to paying £30 per game (the same figure as Boro were charging for matchday tickets through the second half of this past season).

Aren't Albion doing a similar thing, with lower prices for those who renewed or purchased early?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If you take a fee of around 8 million (mental but he's British and 29) and a 3 year contract, then the club are saving enough money to pay an extra 51.282 thousand a week (8M divided by 156 weeks).

So in a way they're getting a bargain at that price and paying about 19k a week for 3 years if they had bought him for the 8 million figure (just one I made up as a rough guess)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If you take a fee of around 8 million (mental but he's British and 29) and a 3 year contract, then the club are saving enough money to pay an extra 51.282 thousand a week (8M divided by 156 weeks).

So in a way they're getting a bargain at that price and paying about 19k a week for 3 years if they had bought him for the 8 million figure (just one I made up as a rough guess)

On the assumption that he wouldn't be asking for a signing on fee (he will). 8m is also a mad price for James Morrison. At best you'd be looking at 5.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Where abouts in the ground did you go? I was in the East stand block closest to the away fans, very hard to keep my emotions inside and to myself, especially when they scored and at full time, everyone hugging and celebrating and me just stood there before leaving.

Luckily there seemed to be tickets galore floating about on the day so I was able to get an away ticket, and offloaded the home end one to a local

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here