Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro/Hull Games In Hand

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well obviously you can't be 100% confident about any game. The PL throws up some ridiculous results too sometimes, but the point is that some games are easier than others. Next you'll be saying that it's not better to be at home than away, because teams sometimes lose at home and win away. Of course they do, but on average, it's better to be at home.

Good - so which ones do you think are the easiest, which do you think are the hardest? Come on, get off the fence, which ones?

I'd be pretty confident of beating Villa. Even with the current squad.
Playing Boro at the Riverside is (I think I'm right in saying) statistically the toughest thing to do this season. But they seem rather fallible away of late.Therefore, I'd say that playing them at home is likely to be easier than away.
That do?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd be pretty confident of beating Villa. Even with the current squad.
Playing Boro at the Riverside is (I think I'm right in saying) statistically the toughest thing to do this season. But they seem rather fallible away of late.Therefore, I'd say that playing them at home is likely to be easier than away.
That do?
So you've given me one team that's easy to play, and they're not in the same ****ing division!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So which group of teams do you think it's easiest to beat?

think Hull thought MKD would be an easy home win ...................very sloppy of them

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Oh come on Triggaaar, it's all here in black and white...

Top six are tough games
Matches against relegation battling teams are tough
Teams in mid-table are difficult to play against as they've no pressures on them
Just like teams already relegated as they can just relax and play well

Actually I see your point. Who is left? Maybe the teams trying to get to 7th? Perhaps they are a bit easier?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So which group of teams do you think it's easiest to beat?

I dont think any group is easier to beat, I know who I expect to win games.....that doesn't mean they will . Hull will be playing a few teams that will be free from any sort of pressure and that can prove to be a game changer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I dont think any group is easier to beat, I know who I expect to win games.....that doesn't mean they will
Well obviously it doesn't mean they will, we're talking about difficulty and likelihood, not guaranteed results, which don't exist. Of course some teams are easier to beat than others. Do you seriously disagree with that?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And just to clarify. Both those games should be 3 pointers against mid-table clubs with nothing to play for. If either Hull or Boro fail to get a win from those matches, neither will be promoted.
Are there really still people after this season in the Champs (and with [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] new hobby of bouncing old threads;) ) who think making sweeping and bold statements on here is a good thing :lol:

Let's all just concentrate on our games for now and just hope the others lose when they play. All this over analysing isn't healthy - week by week guys...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All this over analysing isn't healthy - week by week guys...
All the cigarettes and alcohol aren't healthy either, but we're addicted!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Well obviously it doesn't mean they will, we're talking about difficulty and likelihood, not guaranteed results, which don't exist. Of course some teams are easier to beat than others. Do you seriously disagree with that?
obviously not, what Im getting at is that once the pressure is off and If Hull let the pressure get to them, a side with nothing to play for become a different proposition and may be more likely to turn them over than they wouldve been earlier in the season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the cigarettes and alcohol aren't healthy either, but we're addicted!

I thought you were going to quote oasis to me on first glimpse at what you'd written :lol:

I know what u mean and I'm guilty of it a little myself but just taking each game as it comes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
obviously not, what Im getting at is that once the pressure is off, a team can be a totally different proposition.
No problem, so you think teams without pressure might do well. And you can add that to other variables and work out who you think has the easiest run in. Of course we might have different opinions, but that's got to be better than being impaled on the fence next to TSB :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought you were going to quote oasis to me on first glimpse at what you'd written :lol:
Yeah that wasn't accidental.

I know what u mean and I'm guilty of it a little myself but just taking each game as it comes.
Half of me what's to just go to sleep and wake up when it's over.

Although it's some years since I've cared about England in an international tournament, I do love the speed at which they progress. This league stuff is bloody painful.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah that wasn't accidental.

Half of me what's to just go to sleep and wake up when it's over.

Although it's some years since I've cared about England in an international tournament, I do love the speed at which they progress. This league stuff is bloody painful.

Not given the Euros much thought yet but of course always a great thing assuming we're there. I'm really enjoying this season - still not getting hopes up too much and also not feeling any pressure on us. I think I'll take not getting promoted much better than some as a result. We're still underdogs & still under the radar for a lot of it - find by me

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I'm gonna take it as it comes but it's perfectly true for us to finish in the top 2 we have to win most if not all our home games at least another 1 or 2 away and we have just about the hardest run in in my eyes, to counter that who'd have thought hull would lose at Middlesbrough with 90 mins gone or burnley would draw at home winning with 90 mins gone, none us really know what's gonna happen, hull 2nd to last game is at home to Bolton who are the championship equivalent of villa so it looks an easy 3 points but u can't tell and Middlesbrough have to play on the 1st 5th 9th 12th, 16th and 19th don't care how good u are that will take it's toll.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Suspect Leeds and Burnley (respectively) thought so too, yesterday.
I'll grant you Reading and Brentford.
Leeds - who knows.

Brentford are on an utterly dismal run of form, and are only six points above the relegation zone currently. If they carry on as they are, they might be desperate for points by the time they play Hull (of course their pathetic form may make them a pushover as much as a challenge, but you never know).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here