Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro & Burnley fans

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loved this question and answer on the Middlesbrough board:

Q: When is Brighton's p_issing luck going to run out?

A: About the same time as Bournemouth's did..................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Loved this question and answer on the Middlesbrough board:

Q: When is Brighton's p_issing luck going to run out?

A: About the same time as Bournemouth's did..................
The irony :rolleyes:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They have very short memories at Boro then.

Hull played them off the park a couple of weeks back, then Nugent stole an injury time winner and three entirely undeserved points. It's hardly just us mugging the odd opponent off. First half we were clearly the better side anyway and should have been further ahead.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good, let Boro march on, Burnley are the ones to catch

I'm with this. Pity I can't see into the future and how Boro will perform v Bolton (not hard to predict) and Burnley (impossible) but right now it's Burnley that have to be our target. In that respect hoping Boro smash them (Burnley that is) unless of course Reading pull a ridiculous result out of the biscuit tin

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They have very short memories at Boro then.

Hull played them off the park a couple of weeks back, then Nugent stole an injury time winner and three entirely undeserved points. It's hardly just us mugging the odd opponent off. First half we were clearly the better side anyway and should have been further ahead.

I suspect most Boro fans' opinions are based on the game against us, not appreciating we had 5 or 6 first choice players out. I'm tired of explaining to people that our 'dip' only came about when we'd been getting results despite a string of injuries for ages. Hughton's done an incredible job keeping us on track with the players we've lost this year. Even now, having Baldock out is a big blow but every player has stepped up to the plate. Well, bar one at the moment but hopefully he'll spark again soon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watching in the pub last night we had an initial conversation round our table about how poor Burnley were on Saturday against Leeds and how we'd hate to watch that sort of nervy one dimensional rubbish every week. This reached a crescendo after 15 minutes of the first half as we dominated the ball, dribbled rings round them and won free kicks for fun.

By the second half the consensus was that there was probably a group of Burnley fans watching and saying how shit we were and how they'd hate to watch us every week :lolol:

Ah well, three points is three points, This could still be our year :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some very sensible posts on that thread.

Indeed. Remids me of most threads on here when we're discussing opposition teams: a mixture of sensible observation and one-eyed rubbish. I especially liked the person who said "people keep saying how poor they are, but they're only one point behind us!" It's also true that the one thing that all football fans have in common is the 'ability' (if you can call it that) to cherry-pick events from individual games and say 'if only' whilst ignoring others.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I get the distinct impression, from Twitter at least, that most fans have judged us based off the 0-3 against Boro and the blip that came after it rather than the previous 21 unbeaten games with an injury ravaged squad and the subsequent return to form after said blip. Totally agree and also seem only to think how poor we were last season rather than the team that had previously finished in the play offs...

Chips

Nov 1, 2015
I suspect most Boro fans' opinions are based on the game against us, not appreciating we had 5 or 6 first choice players out. I'm tired of explaining to people that our 'dip' only came about when we'd been getting results despite a string of injuries for ages. Hughton's done an incredible job keeping us on track with the players we've lost this year. Even now, having Baldock out is a big blow but every player has stepped up to the plate. Well, bar one at the moment but hopefully he'll spark again soon.

Are you referring to Kayal?

I'd say Sidwell is looking more and more like a solid option if Kayal continues to struggle. I know it's just one moment, but the way Sidwell drifted back from the six yard to bag his goal really demonstrates his experience.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think that if Birmingham win tonight they'll be right back in it making the games against Burnley on Saturday really crucial, come on you Blues!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Occasionally a relegated side can perform - rather as if the pressure has gone so may as well enjoy yourself. Wishful thinking but I need something to give me hope in these two fixtures...

Didn't already relegated West Ham take points off ManUtd last game of the season to hand defeated on the day Blackburn the title? Can happen, especially if the top team aren't taking it seriously enough.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Some mixed reviews on there. Many Boro fans giving us our dues. A lot of Boro fans just like we get on here just saying BRIGHTON ARE RUBBISH! with no back up to the statement. Swings in roundabouts

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Didn't already relegated West Ham take points off ManUtd last game of the season to hand defeated on the day Blackburn the title? Can happen, especially if the top team aren't taking it seriously enough.

West Ham hadn't been relegated, but they did draw with Manchester United at Upton Park on the last day of the 1994-5 season while Blackburn lost at Liverpool but still took the title.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My best hope for automatic is Burnley dropping plenty of points from their three away games and their home match with Boro.

2 wins, a draw and a loss, added to a likely win from their other home match, gives them 10 more points.

Which means we go up if we can somehow manage 4 more wins and a draw from our remaining games.

Winning our next three "winnable" matches seems key to that happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here