Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro and Albion for autos according to Teesside Gazette

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting read, and no worse (or better) than some of the predictions on NSC!

How dare you denigrate the good people and eminent tipsters of NSC like that!.....

.....But I know what you mean.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't be arsed with all these predictors, they're dull as WCP.

Wouldn't be great though if we could go up to Boro in a Southampton v Spurs 1978 situation - both teams just needing a point to secure promotion and squeeze the others out. Cue a 2 hour party in the stands while the two teams pass it round the back, barely crossing halfway line.

That would be GREAT fun :clap2:

LIKE.

Sadly though, I think it is FAR more likely that we will see a shoot out between Albion and Boro for 2nd, and even then it might be the case that it's out of their hands.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Burnley have had a run of easy games lately, they also only got one game left against the bottom third:

View attachment 73085
Now that's impressive.

It's all well and good beating the 'big' teams in a division but to consistently pick up maximum points against the 'small' one is surely the backbone of any successful season...which it looks like increasingly like Burnley are having right now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LIKE.

Sadly though, I think it is FAR more likely that we will see a shoot out between Albion and Boro for 2nd, and even then it might be the case that it's out of their hands.

True dat.

I wouldn't say sadly though. If we're in with a shout of automatic on the final day, without needing snookers, then I'd take that right now.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There is zero chance of this happening. Some idle journo with too much time on his hands.

TBH, getting rather bored with all the prediction threads; it is one game at a time at least until we know exactly what is required mathematically.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I fully expect Burnley to finish top, Taking into account there form and remaining fixtures.
Boro are in serious meltdown at the moment, Which this article doesn't even acknowledge!.

Derby and Hull could still get into Auto spots. And we have two away matches after MK dons (and Burnley) that we could easily mess up!.

If we only get in play offs, I'll consider the season over. As I hate the stupid idea. and we've been inconsistent everytime!.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Burnley have had a run of easy games lately, they also only got one game left against the bottom third:

View attachment 73085

That's certainly impressive, but to flip that on its head, that means their record against the top two thirds is:

P21 W6 D11 L5

Which is relatively shit. And 8 of their last 9 games fall into that category, so there may be hope yet.

*strawclutching*

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I fully expect Burnley to finish top, Taking into account there form and remaining fixtures.
Boro are in serious meltdown at the moment, Which this article doesn't even acknowledge!.

Derby and Hull could still get into Auto spots. And we have two away matches after MK dons (and Burnley) that we could easily mess up!.

If we only get in play offs, I'll consider the season over. As I hate the stupid idea. and we've been inconsistent everytime!.

While I agree Burnley are looking good for a top two spot, there's next to no chance of Derby getting one. The most they can get is 88 points and that's only if they win their remaining nine games. If they draw one and win the other 8 they'll have 86 points which is a run of form that also isn't going to happen. On top of which I'm confident that two of us, Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough will get more than 86.

It's a four horse race from here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
While I agree Burnley are looking good for a top two spot, there's next to no chance of Derby getting one. The most they can get is 88 points and that's only if they win their remaining nine games. If they draw one and win the other 8 they'll have 86 points which is a run of form that also isn't going to happen. On top of which I'm confident that two of us, Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough will get more than 86.

It's a four horse race from here.

Agree with this. Will enjoy the rest of the ride but expecting loads more twists, but after where we were this time last year, anywhere in the top 4 is just remarkable.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What a load of drivel. We got a pants down spanking off Boro in the record breaking run finale...I don't think Hughton would set up exactly the same next time. Besides I can see burnley getting 12 or more points from their remaining ties.

That said. I still fancy us as champions.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a load of drivel. We got a pants down spanking off Boro in the record breaking run finale...I don't think Hughton would set up exactly the same next time. Besides I can see burnley getting 12 or more points from their remaining ties.

That said. I still fancy us as champions.
Stockdale, Bruno, Greer, Hunemeier, Calderon, Van La Parra, Stephens, Kayal, Murphy, Hemed, Wilson.

That was the team that day, I hope the team we put out next time we play Boro will be a bit stronger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here