Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Is that true ?

And is it all the vaccines or just one of them ? Astra Zenica ? Pfizer ?

This is all that matters right now tbh. Screw Xmas, if these vaccines don't work against this new strain, then I think we have had our last proper Xmas anyway. And we know what to expect now, every bit of bad news about this virus always seems to happen, please not again

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Totally deluded if you think Stammer would do a better job.
It's like you're too stupid to admit the truth. This isn't about which party is in charge, it is two men. One says it how it ought to be. The other mocks him in a vaguely embarrassingly yobbish way, waits 2 weeks (when it's too late) and then disrupts everybody's plans because he failed to provide leadership when it was needed most as he was more scared to admit it was needed in case in upset the proles he relies on.

Boris Johnson is THE worst PM we will ever see, and the only people who disagree are the ignorant boorish simpletons (like you've just proved you are) whose support propped up his shameful, populist, rudderless and corrupt government.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just for the record can you clarify how many times you have modestly mentioned/claimed you are a key worker on NSC?

1-5
6-10
11-20
100 +

? [emoji16]

#unsunghero

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Probably 6-10 times. Is that a problem?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dilemma. Do I have my lonely 34 year old son (who lives across town) round for Christmas dinner or my lonely 77 year old neighbour and pal? The latter is happy for the former to join us. Mrs T is worried. Tricky phone call tomporrow. If the boy is being sensible and working from home we should be OK.....

Meanwhile, the selfish cockwombles are having it large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQqshZbtEQ

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I suspect he's one of them.

Stay safe, and I send you my best wishes. After vaccination your lives will change. Let's hope it is soon and not cocked up by this, the worst of all governments.

:thumbsup:

Thank you. I tried being civil to people, including some work colleagues, I have recently become very intolerant, especially those that see Christmas as be all and end all (those that just want the piss up) though not for the elderly/lonely.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd imagine the majority on here are quite happy for him to tell us as many times as he likes. What a nasty piece of work you are.
That depends on how many on here are unaware that Clampy is a multi account troll and proven serial liar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's like you're too stupid to admit the truth. This isn't about which party is in charge, it is two men. One says it how it ought to be. The other mocks him in a vaguely embarrassingly yobbish way, waits 2 weeks (when it's too late) and then disrupts everybody's plans because he failed to provide leadership when it was needed most as he was more scared to admit it was needed in case in upset the proles he relies on.

Boris Johnson is THE worst PM we will ever see, and the only people who disagree are the ignorant boorish simpletons (like you've just proved you are) whose support propped up his shameful, populist, rudderless and corrupt government.

Well said.

And....Oven ready Brexit. ???

We have been lied to by a charlatan.

It is quite sickening.

Yet, some selfish scum are still lapping it up. :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That depends on how many on here are unaware that Clampy is a multi account troll and proven serial liar.

One active account. No lies, just posts you don’t believe. Anyway, this thread doesn’t want a binfest and whether you believe it or not I have better things to do than argue with the likes of you.
Troll away, I’m done responding to you.
Get some sleep.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The up and down are seasonal. The size of the up is managerial. Boris has proven himself to be the Bryan Gunn of management.

Not disagreeing, but it’s that constant battle of CV19 control versus the economy must go on. As explained by Dr Chris Smith and Prof Heneghan, that balance is normal, otherwise we’d all have been locked up at home since early March, the country bankrupt.

For balance, even this week Starmer insisted that all schools should remain fully open. I didn’t disagree with him.

Then benchmarking or comparing, which I think is a must - in this chaotic pandemic with every expert and politician learning on the job, Sturgeon, Drakeford, Conte, Macron, Merkel have also overseen significant second waves, high death tolls, measures eased, then backtracking, then ever tightened.

Yes, plenty of mistakes made, but which nations aren’t making them? Denmark, Finland and Norway the western exceptions that prove the rule.

Imho.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Speaking to my neighbour, yesterday his mum was given 3 months due to cancer, he has said that due to today's announcement he can not have his mother or other family over for a final Christmas day family due to where she lives. That sucks.

For me though, over 50, over weight, smoker, can drive to any tier, mix with numerous people, and at the end of my shift can go home to my family, that's ok because I'm classed as an essential worker. What a load of Bollox. I'm fed up with it all.
Let people live there lives how they want to. Get the country open, let people decide if they want to follow what Doom and Gloom say.

If your "getting the country open" means people just get on with living like they did in December 2019, I believe this will happen very quickly...

1. Lots of people will get very sick. Whilst many of these will be those in the well-known vulnerable groups, many won't be. The thing about a tiny percentage (ie the low-risk people) is that when you apply it to a large number (like tens of millions of people) you end up with a pretty significant number at the other end.

2. The NHS would be quickly swamped.

3. Many of those who need hospital treatment to get through their Covid infection won't get it. Some will die when they otherwise would have survived, horribly and slowly, often all alone.

4. Many of those with non-Covid conditions who need hospital treatment won't get it. Some will die, when they otherwise would have survived.

5. The population will be aware of 3 and 4 going on and many will be absolutely shit-scared. The country may "be open" but many people will not want to take any kind of risk as catching Covid-19 could effectively be a death sentience. This means the country will essentially shut down as many will do the very bare minimum they can, reducing all non-essential contact.

We're so close to the end of this horrible period. Science has come to our rescue and plants are churning out millions of doses of vaccines just as quickly as they can, and we'll stick them in people's arms just as quickly as we can.

We're all tired, fed up and weary of the ever-changing raft of restrictions that have made much of life so alien to us. Much of what makes life worth living has not been available to us. We all want to live like we used to just ten months ago.

Let's not **** it up now.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Dilemma. Do I have my lonely 34 year old son (who lives across town) round for Christmas dinner or my lonely 77 year old neighbour and pal? The latter is happy for the former to join us. Mrs T is worried. Tricky phone call tomporrow. If the boy is being sensible and working from home we should be OK.....

Meanwhile, the selfish cockwombles are having it large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQqshZbtEQ

Tune!
:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank you.
Truly, and i say this directly to you as a key worker, every body I know in our sector (lots of people) just wants this sorted. We thought very, very hard about re-opening but what can we do?
Exactly.
You have to try and operate somehow, and meet the restrictions. Nightmare. I can’t think of a more tricky industry to be in than leisure and hospitality. No chance of working from home either. If it’s any consolation, people will flood back when it’s safe. I just hope as many pubs/bars etc as possible can hold on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you. I tried being civil to people, including some work colleagues, I have recently become very intolerant, especially those that see Christmas as be all and end all (those that just want the piss up) though not for the elderly/lonely.

I went round to my old pal tonight to watch some footy. His daughter was to join us all for Christmas but she lives in the north west. Kybosh. He said he's been lonely today. Late 70s. Former social worker. Did his bit. It isn't right , any of this. The ****er Boris has been larding it about like Nero. People are being crushed by his joke leadership. Stay safe, and PM me any time. I'm on Skype and Teams with acquaintances all the time. We need to stick together :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just for the record can you clarify how many times you have modestly mentioned/claimed you are a key worker on NSC?

1-5
6-10
11-20
100 +

? [emoji16]

#unsunghero

What a disgusting post. I always thought you were a decent bloke with a differing political opinion. Turns out you're a fking tosspot.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Then back into lockdown. Is this how we are going to live our lives from now on?
Yes, yes it is.

Have you not been paying attention during the past nine months?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
This is clearly a science decision and the whole uk will change. But the numbnuts in the media will whip up a further political divide.
They will kill even more people by encouraging people to revolt against the government and break the rules.

Man up all you whingers and look to April and May, the hard work has been done, just dig in a bit deeper.

This is a deadly virus.

Strangely though, it's the right wing press who are encouraging breaking the rules.
Brexiters generally won't be told what to do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not disagreeing, but it’s that constant battle of CV19 control versus the economy must go on. As explained by Dr Chris Smith and Prof Heneghan, that balance is normal, otherwise we’d all have been locked up at home since early March, the country bankrupt.

For balance, even this week Starmer insisted that all schools should remain fully open. I didn’t disagree with him.

Then benchmarking or comparing, which I think is a must - in this chaotic pandemic with every expert and politician learning on the job, Sturgeon, Drakeford, Conte, Macron, Merkel have also overseen significant second waves, high death tolls, measures eased, then backtracking, then ever tightened.

Yes, plenty of mistakes made, but which nations aren’t making them? Denmark, Finland and Norway the western exceptions that prove the rule.

Imho.

Indeed.

As I said in the summer we should have protected the vulnerable and let everyone else go back to work. It could have been easily managed. I would happily have stayed in a room upstairs.

But...no.

I am interested in the spike in Germany. They are very hygienic...what's gone wrong?

JamieR

Jan 25, 2020
Just in spells of weeks, sometimes months.

I think and hope we’re in the last one now. Saved by the vaccine and spring 21 weather when we’re not all kooked up indoors spreading.

Yes, this is hellish compared to our lives before, but in the big picture just a small part of a lifetime.

Obviously total empathy for others who will be affected seriously by all this, employees who’ve lost jobs, businessmen who’ve lost so much.

I would also add those who have been affected by loved ones committing suicide as lockdown took them over the edge. Person I know buried their 35 year old son last week as he couldn’t cope with it all. I wonder if we will see a spike in suicide rates as a result of these restrictions. Mental health has been downplayed in this saga...it’s all about the Covid...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here