Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's my understanding that tier 4 is full lockdown in all but name. Johnson is just adverse to using the word "Lockdown". There really isn't any difference is there?

I think the vaccinations will be effective. I am due to receive mine through work in early Jan. I'll let ya know!

Thought you were adverse to pricks:)

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm agreeing with [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION].

What?

I agree with Dick.:)
People are always more important than money and I feel some may think that is not a principle of a right of centre voter, not the case for me and many others who vote the same way.

I have to say I have never been so disappointed with our fellow UK citizens.

As a country we are pulling in so many directions, if we can all just pull together for just a few more weeks, we can start the rebuild.

The NHS is going to go pop if we don't.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Earlier as in a couple of days making no real difference. As I have said elsewhere, Boris is a libertarian at heart yet gets slaughtered by the authoritarian clampdown now brigade who then moan about the economic consequences and pilloried by the covid is a conspiracy/state power grab.

Boris is a total and overt Libertarian. It's an ethos that allows him to lie, shag whoever he wants, smoke, eat and drink as much as he likes, never apologise, let the poor struggle, let the rich take what they want, shamelessly deal in disaster economics. "Huzzah! Tuck in boys! Pip pip and a yah boo sucks if you're too weak to fight your way to the trough" .

While that may be fine for him, it is not what we need as a nation. We need a firm, steadying hand that's not afraid to make unpopular decisions for the greater good. Successful leaders don't pay lip service or play to the gallery.

Johnson is a fraud and a liar and he justifies it with his Libertarian sensibilities. He's a weak, undisciplined, self indulgent fool. And it's no surprise that his following of cabinet ministers and voters are inflicted with similar character flaws.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is clearly a science decision and the whole uk will change. But the numbnuts in the media will whip up a further political divide.
They will kill even more people by encouraging people to revolt against the government and break the rules.

Man up all you whingers and look to April and May, the hard work has been done, just dig in a bit deeper.

This is a deadly virus.

wow we agree on something. Your message is spot on this virus is deadly and its only idiots, very selfish idiots who think their christmas is more important than some one else's life.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As a labour voter will say government is on a hiding to nothing whatever they do. Just a pity that like Brexit it is seen as an opportunity to score points when all parties should be working together.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Absolutely boils my piss that the same day Christmas is f**ked for millions of people a bunch of other people are participating in anti-lockdown marches.

I consider myself a liberal lefty snowflake but they should lock them lot of 'em up in a big old room and pump the disease in through the air vents. Wankers.

spot on...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
thats bollocks though. "months ago" when Manchester was high and going into tier 3, London rates were low. its only this past week or two rates have shot up. the Manchester rates were in the 400 region while London is only just going over 300 in many boroughs. Last week some were Sussex levels, the reason for the reluctance was the data didnt support it. theres a case that Manchester should have gone down to tier 2 sooner, but if you're in the full lockdown everything for a couple of months camp, thats not an argument you can make.

Your statement is supporting what I am saying.

If you are suggesting that Manchester could have gone down to Tier 2 but it was deemed that it should stay in Tier 3 then surely if London was going in the opposite direction then it should have been in Tier 3 too.

Not sure your figures are correct either on dates I was referring to. Need to check mine again but there was definitely a a time both cities were going in direction I stated.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who pays for the full lockdown?

How many more billions does that cost us?

Furlough isn’t saving jobs and stopping companies going under, if we do what you suggest billions more need to be made available in support.

Listening to the news just now, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we are in Lockdown by Christmas day.

I agree.

I hear you. It will ruin millions of people. There is just no easy way out of this. I honestly don't know what is for the best.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
GARDEN!? you're lucky to have a garden; we've only got a bin on a two foot square bit of astroturf and a mug tree. GARDEN!!!
*parents garden (I live in a first floor flat)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
thats bollocks though. "months ago" when Manchester was high and going into tier 3, London rates were low. its only this past week or two rates have shot up. the Manchester rates were in the 400 region while London is only just going over 300 in many boroughs. Last week some were Sussex levels, the reason for the reluctance was the data didnt support it. theres a case that Manchester should have gone down to tier 2 sooner, but if you're in the full lockdown everything for a couple of months camp, thats not an argument you can make.

26th November

Manchester R. Rate = 0.8 -1

London R. Rate = 1.2 -4

Same day

Stockport. 220 per 100

London Borough of Redbridge. 300 per 100

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Earlier as in a couple of days making no real difference. As I have said elsewhere, Boris is a libertarian at heart yet gets slaughtered by the authoritarian clampdown now brigade who then moan about the economic consequences and pilloried by the covid is a conspiracy/state power grab.

a few days might have been good for the economy but not very good for people.

Problem with libertarians is that there freedom are often at the expense of others.

Our state is based on the concept of the ' common wealth' a philosophy first described by Thomas Hobbes a proposal that people need to give up their 'freedoms to do what they like' (anarchy) to a reduced set of freedoms that people conform to because they are beneficial to the many and sets common goals and benefits.

We don't need or want libertarians talking about theoretical freedoms when we are in a time of crisis.

D

Deleted member 2719

wow we agree on something. Your message is spot on this virus is deadly and its only idiots, very selfish idiots who think their christmas is more important than some one else's life.

I hope this can continue.:)

I have gone above and beyond to protect my loved ones for a long time now as a lot have, and whatever it takes, I will do it.
These selfish idiots who you speak of are part of the same band of people who I band as 'Takers'.

Many years ago I divided society into two simple groups 'Givers' and 'Takers', the minute I sniff a taker out they drop down my rankings in importance, I spend little or no time with 'Takers'.

I always thought the 'Takers outweighed the 'Givers', but they actually trounce them.

It's a sad society we live in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
a few days might have been good for the economy but not very good for people.

Problem with libertarians is that there freedom are often at the expense of others.

Our state is based on the concept of the ' common wealth' a philosophy first described by Thomas Hobbes a proposal that people need to give up their 'freedoms to do what they like' (anarchy) to a reduced set of freedoms that people conform to because they are beneficial to the many and sets common goals and benefits.

We don't need or want libertarians talking about theoretical freedoms when we are in a time of crisis.

Exactly right.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Absolutely boils my piss that the same day Christmas is f**ked for millions of people a bunch of other people are participating in anti-lockdown marches.

I consider myself a liberal lefty snowflake but they should lock them lot of 'em up in a big old room and pump the disease in through the air vents. Wankers.

Whilst in the room force them to listen to relatives of victims of Covid on video non stop and then let them say its still a conspiracy. Total idiots

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
26th November

Manchester R. Rate = 0.8 -1

London R. Rate = 1.2 -4

Same day

Stockport. 220 per 100

London Borough of Redbridge. 300 per 100

thats 3 weeks ago not months, and you're cherry picking data. numbers i was looking at for Dec 9th the whole of London was still around ~200/100k, some boroughs above 300, some below the then national average of 150.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The full list of areas entering Tier 4:

• [*=left]All of London
    [*=left]Rother & Hastings
    [*=left]Kent
    [*=left]Buckinghamshire
    [*=left]Berkshire
    [*=left]Surrey (excl Waverley)
    [*=left]Gosport, Havant
    [*=left]Portsmouth
    [*=left]Bedford, Central Beds
    [*=left]Milton Keynes
    [*=left]Luton, Peterborough
    [*=left]Hertfordshire
    [*=left]Essex (excluding Colchester, Uttlesford and Tendring)

A who’s who of riff raff :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports