Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Unless you're of the religious persuasion, Xmas is just a two day get together (albeit this year over 4 days). Postpone it and do at Easter (conveniently over 4 days) what you would do now. Hopefully by then we will be on the road to normality.

Christmas has clearly gone beyond its religious roots to form a secular celebration of family. which is probably its origin before it was appropriated by the church.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Take your head out of your blue tinted arse. He was criticising the timing of the announcement which he was suggesting should have been days ago.

He was being a hypocritical/opportunist (fair play that's his job) sadly you're too stupid to acknowledge this. Like a few days mattered :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unless we seriously up it (which Oxford will allow) we won’t, whats the plan? Vaccinate everyone?

Are we going to up it to 24/7 jabs, which we could - it doesn’t sound as unrealistic with shift workers/Army etc.

It feel like we are just aimlessly drifting

We will wind it up - approval next week, then a colossal, rapid vaccination programme. Articles in the news today clearly imply the venues have been sorted etc so there are some leaks going on.

If there’s no announcement by NYE I’ll be surprised and devastated.

Also remember once the vulnerable have been vaccinated we can start relaxing restrictions quite significantly because if you’re not vulnerable then your chances of serious illness are tiny....so the NHS will be able to cope.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Stuck in my own little bubble set up on the kitchen table ( PC that is ). 1st couple of months the novelty was great now it has well and truly worn off and wish I could go back to the office. Somewhat stir crazy

I do feel for you. Claustrophobic. I am the opposite. I have worked all through with a ban on annual leave and 14.5 hr increased shifts, with people that refuse to adhere to any form of restrictions. I would give my last jar of chutney to have some time away from it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I didn't vote for either. Neither stood in my constutuency. :shrug:

You're struggling this evening. Mouldy may be along in a minute, and possibly old Das Reich, to save you, though. Fill your boots.

Yet both despite all their many faults have more honesty/integrity when it comes to reasons for casting their vote.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It'll be interesting how much today's news and its impact on people's Xmas will be tomorrow's fish n paper or not when it's election time.

Governments don’t normally get re-elected after a national catastrophe (see WW2 & 2008 World Financial Crisis). Even a fantastic PM with actual leadership skills and crisis management qualities would probably lose the next election. However, this lot are curiously incompetent and lacking any substance other than self promotion. They could get the biggest beating a Tory government has ever seen.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The point is the Government are enacting policies the opposition thought might be a good idea and might well be inevitable a few days later but they are now criticising the government for doing the what they called for a few days earlier.

Because it would have been earlier and given people more notice but let's be honest he shouldn't even have made the 'promise' about Christmas in the first place when it was clear a) numbers going up b) there was a new more contagious version 3) that the Virus has no concept of a Christmas truce.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Couldn't care less about Christmas. I'm working all through it and have done for the last three, so no skin off my nose but I do get concerned as to how many times Johnson can **** up with no personal consequences. Any one of the numerous foul ups and lies he has perpetrated over the last year would have got a PM outed ten years ago. Heck, that amount of mistakes would get you fired from a tip.

What Johnson needs to do now is immediately put the UK into a full lockdown for two months, get the vaccine administered 24/7 until all are immune, open up the country. And then fuuuuck off.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
As ever numerous online experts who know don't have access to the latest information know best. Boris for all his many faults is a libertarian at heart. He had numerous voices saying lock down sooner and many saying keep the economy ticking over he sided for more freedoms and as usual is crucified by all sides.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

If Boris had half a brain he would have initially made Christmas 3 days to be on the safe side. That way if things had panned out positively he could have made it 5 days at the last minute or if things went pear shaped, as it has, then could have maybe settled on 2 days.

Its all about managing peoples expectations which he has failed miserably to do

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Christmas has clearly gone beyond its religious roots to form a secular celebration of family. which is probably its origin before it was appropriated by the church.

Io saturnalia

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Because it would have been earlier and given people more notice but let's be honest he shouldn't even have made the 'promise' about Christmas in the first place when it was clear a) numbers going up b) there was a new more contagious version 3) that the Virus has no concept of a Christmas truce.

Earlier as in a couple of days making no real difference. As I have said elsewhere, Boris is a libertarian at heart yet gets slaughtered by the authoritarian clampdown now brigade who then moan about the economic consequences and pilloried by the covid is a conspiracy/state power grab.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Listening to the news just now, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we are in Lockdown by Christmas day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Couldn't care less about Christmas. I'm working all through it and have done for the last three, so no skin off my nose but I do get concerned as to how many times Johnson can **** up with no personal consequences. Any one of the numerous foul ups and lies he has perpetrated over the last year would have got a PM outed ten years ago. Heck, that amount of mistakes would get you fired from a tip.

What Johnson needs to do now is immediately put the UK into a full lockdown for two months, get the vaccine administered 24/7 until all are immune, open up the country. And then fuuuuck off.

Who pays for the full lockdown?

How many more billions does that cost us?

Furlough isn’t saving jobs and stopping companies going under, if we do what you suggest billions more need to be made available in support.

Listening to the news just now, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we are in Lockdown by Christmas day.

I agree.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Christians stole the pagan festival which celebrated the turn of the year i.e. the coming of good times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here