Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This is clearly a science decision and the whole uk will change. But the numbnuts in the media will whip up a further political divide.
They will kill even more people by encouraging people to revolt against the government and break the rules.

Man up all you whingers and look to April and May, the hard work has been done, just dig in a bit deeper.

This is a deadly virus.

I'm agreeing with [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION].

What?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The need for this heavy handedness isn't for things like this it's to stop idiots who believe it's not for them to adhere to. Those that have been very careful will be ok. Unfortunately to stop them everyone has to suffer. And we all know the idiots will still break all the rules. There's zero chance it will be policed.

I'm pleased it has been done to attempt to stop the idiots but I wonder.

I know.....quite depressing. Facebook already flooded with ‘I don’t care, it’s Christmas’ type comments.

We’ve changed our plans.....Chrimbo will be our single household plus my elderly mother for a few days who has isolated in advance. We have a few risk areas (son and G/F with their jobs etc) but all very careful. Not ideal but will make the best of it. We’ll do something later with those we’ve had to put off [emoji2369]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is the assumption I have been working from.
With this in mind, we need to start prepping for a full, strictest yet lockdown from early days of January. It's inevitable and if we put ourselves in the mind of the Johnson, we see that it will be an effective way to bury the the other upcoming disaster of Jan 1st.
Food and medicine shortages will be blamed on Lockdown and "panic buyers". See if I'm wrong.

It is my theory that we will go into lockdown early Jan and we won't come out until 80% vaccination. Could be months.

I’ll be shocked if we see this side of summer.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This is the assumption I have been working from.
With this in mind, we need to start prepping for a full, strictest yet lockdown from early days of January. It's inevitable and if we put ourselves in the mind of the Johnson, we see that it will be an effective way to bury the the other upcoming disaster of Jan 1st.
Food and medicine shortages will be blamed on Lockdown and "panic buyers". See if I'm wrong.

It is my theory that we will go into lockdown early Jan and we won't come out until 80% vaccination. Could be months.

Not sure we will have to wait that long. It will be a nationwide blanket tier 4. Fingers crossed the vaccinations work

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is clearly a science decision and the whole uk will change. But the numbnuts in the media will whip up a further political divide.
They will kill even more people by encouraging people to revolt against the government and break the rules.

Man up all you whingers and look to April and May, the hard work has been done, just dig in a bit deeper.

This is a deadly virus.

"an unnamed source close to the government" really hasn't helped as the months have dragged on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ll be shocked if we see this side of summer.

I’m more optimistic....enormous logistical exercise to vaccinate as soon as the Oxford /AZ vaccine is approved (next week) with millions per week being done at thousands of locations. Huge % done by Easter and restrictions being eased.

Hang in there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Says the man who voted for Blair and Corbyn..

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I didn't vote for either. Neither stood in my constutuency. :shrug:

You're struggling this evening. Mouldy may be along in a minute, and possibly old Das Reich, to save you, though. Fill your boots.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not sure we will have to wait that long. It will be a nationwide blanket tier 4. Fingers crossed the vaccinations work

It's my understanding that tier 4 is full lockdown in all but name. Johnson is just adverse to using the word "Lockdown". There really isn't any difference is there?

I think the vaccinations will be effective. I am due to receive mine through work in early Jan. I'll let ya know!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good point HWt .. Starmer currently attacking Boris for cancelling Christmas a policy he called for a few days earlier ..

Millions will be heartbroken by change of plans - Labour leader

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says "millions of families will be heartbroken by having Christmas plans ripped up", after this evening's announcement by the prime minister.

... what a hypocritical :tosser:

Take your head out of your blue tinted arse. He was criticising the timing of the announcement which he was suggesting should have been days ago.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Boris is a Knob-Edd.

He can claim all he likes that the increase in London us due to the new Variant of Covid.

But the real reason is because London should have been in Tier 3 Months ago. Manchester Infections were on a downward trajectory after their local lockdown . Conversely at that time. London was outstripping Manchester and cases going up rapidly.
His reluctance to put London into Tier 3 has caused this. Now everyone will suffer over Xmas because his priorities have been all wrong again.

Don't get me wrong. Even though my Christmas that I had planned with my Father who is in his 80s and who lives on his own has been ruined. This is still the right thing to do.

The man's incompetence knows no bounds. Get the country totally locked down for 8 weeks and during that 8 weeks get the vaccine rolled out rapidly.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's my understanding that tier 4 is full lockdown in all but name. Johnson is just adverse to using the word "Lockdown". There really isn't any difference is there?

I think the vaccinations will be effective. I am due to receive mine through work in early Jan. I'll let ya know!

Stuck in my own little bubble set up on the kitchen table ( PC that is ). 1st couple of months the novelty was great now it has well and truly worn off and wish I could go back to the office. Somewhat stir crazy

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I didn't vote for either. Neither stood in my constutuency. :shrug:

You're struggling this evening. Mouldy may be along in a minute, and possibly old Das Reich, to save you, though. Fill your boots.

I voted Caroline Lucas for PM. It didn't work.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, you can. It's not going to last forever. Your baby and your four year old are going to help shape a better world for your grandchildren and they will thank you for being strong.

Agree, it's not going to make it easier but he's got two things going for him.

1. Judging by previous posts, you're not going to starve!!!
2. You have a future, two kids to watch growing up and all the joy (and frustration!) that brings.

Unless you're of the religious persuasion, Xmas is just a two day get together (albeit this year over 4 days). Postpone it and do at Easter (conveniently over 4 days) what you would do now. Hopefully by then we will be on the road to normality.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m more optimistic....enormous logistical exercise to vaccinate as soon as the Oxford /AZ vaccine is approved (next week) with millions per week being done at thousands of locations. Huge % done by Easter and restrictions being eased.

Hang in there.

Unless we seriously up it (which Oxford will allow) we won’t, whats the plan? Vaccinate everyone?

Are we going to up it to 24/7 jabs, which we could - it doesn’t sound as unrealistic with shift workers/Army etc.

It feel like we are just aimlessly drifting

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Boris is a Knob-Edd.

He can claim all he likes that the increase in London us due to the new Variant of Covid.

But the real reason is because London should have been in Tier 3 Months ago. Manchester Infections were on a downward trajectory after their local lockdown . Conversely at that time. London was outstripping Manchester and cases going up rapidly

thats bollocks though. "months ago" when Manchester was high and going into tier 3, London rates were low. its only this past week or two rates have shot up. the Manchester rates were in the 400 region while London is only just going over 300 in many boroughs. Last week some were Sussex levels, the reason for the reluctance was the data didnt support it. theres a case that Manchester should have gone down to tier 2 sooner, but if you're in the full lockdown everything for a couple of months camp, thats not an argument you can make.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree, it's not going to make it easier but he's got two things going for him.

1. Judging by previous posts, you're not going to starve!!!
2. You have a future, two kids to watch growing up and all the joy (and frustration!) that brings.

Unless you're of the religious persuasion, Xmas is just a two day get together (albeit this year over 4 days). Postpone it and do at Easter (conveniently over 4 days) what you would do now. Hopefully by then we will be on the road to normality.

Exactly this. It’s just another long weekend. Stay at home.......have your get-togethers later. The end is in sight, don’t **** it up now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boris is a Knob-Edd.

But the real reason is because London should have been in Tier 3 Months ago. Manchester Infections were on a downward trajectory after their local lockdown . Conversely at that time. London was outstripping Manchester and cases going up rapidly.
His reluctance to put London into Tier 3 has caused this. Now everyone will suffer over Xmas because his priorities have been all wrong again.

Don't get me wrong. Even though my Christmas that I had planned with my Father who is in his 80s and who lives on his own has been ruined. This is still the right thing to do.

The man's incompetence knows no bounds. Get the country totally locked down for 8 weeks and during that 8 weeks get the vaccine rolled out rapidly.

Word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports