Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The point is the Government are enacting policies the opposition thought might be a good idea and might well be inevitable a few days later but they are now criticising the government for doing the what they called for a few days earlier.

Sigh. The point is BJ has made the decision now that he should have made several days ago - and people made their plans on what he said then.

A moot point, however, is that anyone with a bit of a brain should have limited their planned mixing/contact anyway, not waited for anyone (especially BJ) to tell them what to do. This was always likely to happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The point is the Government are enacting policies the opposition thought might be a good idea and might well be inevitable a few days later but they are now criticising the government for doing the what they called for a few days earlier.

Unless you’re thick, no, it isn’t the point. Were you unable to comprehend what I wrote? Or did you deliberately ignore it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
coming in late, are all those calling for tighter lockdown pleased and supporting the change of policy, or complaining about it?

Reiterating their stance when they questioned the intelligence of a leader who said:-

"I will save Christmas".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unless you’re thick, no, it isn’t the point. Were you unable to comprehend what I wrote? Or did you deliberately ignore it?

It's called 'relentlessly campaigning on behalf of the conservative party.' Any old lie will do, and 'shameless' is a necessary part of the DNA :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sigh. The point is BJ has made the decision now that he should have made several days ago - and people made their plans on what he said then.

A moot point, however, is that anyone with a bit of a brain should have limited their planned mixing/contact anyway, not waited for anyone (especially BJ) to tell them what to do. This was always likely to happen.
As ever numerous online experts who know don't have access to the latest information know best. Boris for all his many faults is a libertarian at heart. He had numerous voices saying lock down sooner and many saying keep the economy ticking over he sided for more freedoms and as usual is crucified by all sides.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The freezers pretty chokka too tbh. I don't really care about this shit. Its the year we've had with a new baby and a four year old with no support and no sleep, whilst I'm working 50 hours a week. Can't handle it much longer.

Yes, you can. It's not going to last forever. Your baby and your four year old are going to help shape a better world for your grandchildren and they will thank you for being strong.

D

Deleted member 2719

This is clearly a science decision and the whole uk will change. But the numbnuts in the media will whip up a further political divide.
They will kill even more people by encouraging people to revolt against the government and break the rules.

Man up all you whingers and look to April and May, the hard work has been done, just dig in a bit deeper.

This is a deadly virus.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have just had my 90 year old mum in tears as I had to explain the news that we are in tier 4 now, so she will be on her own. I work from home and self isolated for the past 3 weeks to make sure there was almost zero chance to passing anything on. ducking pissed off with news

If you are in her support bubble you are still fine to go to her. Obviously your call and as you post you've self isolated . Go and make her Christmas. Make that call NOW.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As ever numerous online experts who know don't have access to the latest information know best. Boris for all his many faults is a libertarian at heart. He had numerous voices saying lock down sooner and many saying keep the economy ticking over he sided for more freedoms and as usual is crucified by all sides.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

He is, but the Christmas free for all always looked like a step too far........

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Good point HWt .. Starmer currently attacking Boris for cancelling Christmas a policy he called for a few days earlier ..

Millions will be heartbroken by change of plans - Labour leader

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says "millions of families will be heartbroken by having Christmas plans ripped up", after this evening's announcement by the prime minister.

... what a hypocritical :tosser:

Isn't it funny how Captain Hindsight foresaw this, and plenty besides.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is not his point though is it? His point is that Boris laid down the Christmas rules, people made their plans accordingly, and a couple of days later they now have to cancel them. Had the lockdown decision been made earlier, following what Startmer, medical journals and other countries were doing, people wouldn’t now have to cancel made plans. But you probably know this dont you?

I have mixed feeling towards the British public though. Every single thing Boris does follows the same process: a delayed response, the wrong decision and then follow what other countries did a few weeks ago. You should by now think twice before acting on any info Boris provides you with. Unless you are a mate with a hastily registered new company offering services you have no experience of, of course.

This is the assumption I have been working from.
With this in mind, we need to start prepping for a full, strictest yet lockdown from early days of January. It's inevitable and if we put ourselves in the mind of the Johnson, we see that it will be an effective way to bury the the other upcoming disaster of Jan 1st.
Food and medicine shortages will be blamed on Lockdown and "panic buyers". See if I'm wrong.

It is my theory that we will go into lockdown early Jan and we won't come out until 80% vaccination. Could be months.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The need for this heavy handedness isn't for things like this it's to stop idiots who believe it's not for them to adhere to. Those that have been very careful will be ok. Unfortunately to stop them everyone has to suffer. And we all know the idiots will still break all the rules. There's zero chance it will be policed.

I'm pleased it has been done to attempt to stop the idiots but I wonder.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I was to drive from a tier 2 area to a tier 2 area right now and collect my sister in law and her boy and get them back here before midnight, would they be able to become part of our household bubble for the Xmas period or is that against the rules? I’m asking because I want to follow the rules.

To be honest, if she isn't already in a support bubble with your household, doesn't this fly in the face of the spirit of the rules? Bubbles were allowed to let people get necessary support. I might be wrong but it seems you are creating a bubble for the purpose of xmas. Not having a go at you and understand there are loads in the same position but this disease, and seemingly in particular this mutation, transmit through contact so the best way is to avoid unnecessary contact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here