Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Good point HWt .. Starmer currently attacking Boris for cancelling Christmas a policy he called for a few days earlier ..

Millions will be heartbroken by change of plans - Labour leader

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says "millions of families will be heartbroken by having Christmas plans ripped up", after this evening's announcement by the prime minister.

... what a hypocritical :tosser:

i understood that starmer thought that bungle**** should have acted like a leader and cancelled xmas a while ago so as people had not made plans. obviously this would necessitate making a decision and leadership so we get the three day u turn, and more chaos

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
That is what I am doing.

No way will I be spending Christmas alone.

It's a state of mind, we spend our lives focused on what we think causes us pain, 'think' the operative word. Just change your mindset on Christmas, plus only church attending Christians who believe in the birth of Jesus of Nazareth should be visiting any other household in the coming weeks to break bread and eat turkey in celebration. The other 96% of us should stay home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good point HWt .. Starmer currently attacking Boris for cancelling Christmas a policy he called for a few days earlier ..

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says "millions of families will be heartbroken by having Christmas plans ripped up", after this evening's announcement by the prime minister.

Tedious. :shrug:

Brexit is going well, too isn't it.

Ever wonder if you've been a mug? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is not his point though is it? His point is that Boris laid down the Christmas rules, people made their plans accordingly, and a couple of days later they now have to cancel them. Had the lockdown decision been made earlier, following what Startmer, medical journals and other countries were doing, people wouldn’t now have to cancel made plans. But you probably know this dont you?

I have mixed feeling towards the British public though. Every single thing Boris does follows the same process: a delayed response, the wrong decision and then follow what other countries did a few weeks ago. You should by now think twice before acting on any info Boris provides you with. Unless you are a mate with a hastily registered new company offering services you have no experience of, of course.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i understood that starmer thought that bungle**** should have acted like a leader and cancelled xmas a while ago so as people had not made plans. obviously this would necessitate making a decision and leadership so we get the three day u turn, and more chaos

Don't waste your breath. You're replying to someone would vote for Jummy Savile if he was wearing a blue rosette. :shrug:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
It's a state of mind, we spend our lives focused on what we think causes us pain, 'think' the operative word. Just change your mindset on Christmas, plus only church attending Christians who believe in the birth of Jesus of Nazareth should be visiting any other household in the coming weeks to break bread and eat turkey in celebration. The other 96% of us should stay home.

How odd. Normally there is so much empathy for people who spend Christmas alone.

Now we have people who live with others who wont be spending the period alone telling those that though live alone to suck it up.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This is not his point though is it? His point is that Boris laid down the Christmas rules, people made their plans accordingly, and a couple of days later they now have to cancel them. Had the lockdown decision been made earlier, following what Startmer, medical journals and other countries were doing, people wouldn’t now have to cancel made plans. But you probably know this dont you?

I have mixed feeling towards the British public though. Every single thing Boris does follows the same process: a delayed response, the wrong decision and then follow what other countries did a few weeks ago. You should by now think twice before acting on any info Boris provides you with.

The point is the Government are enacting policies the opposition thought might be a good idea and might well be inevitable a few days later but they are now criticising the government for doing the what they called for a few days earlier.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I get that you’re trying to be supportive but you don’t get to tell people, even those of us who aren’t Christian, what Christmas ‘means’. For most, it’s a time for family, love and all that good stuff. After a very shit, isolating year that has had a huge negative impact on the mental well-being of many, it’s only natural that this news has gone down like a lead balloon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The point is the Government are enacting policies the opposition thought might be a good idea and might well be inevitable a few days later but they are now criticising the government for doing the what they called for a few days earlier.

No it isn't

You are either a liar or a fool. :shrug:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

i think you've misunderstood all of this

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

They’re criticising the constant U turns. But, of course, you know that but why let that get in the way of attacking the opposition, right?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
coming in late, are all those calling for tighter lockdown pleased and supporting the change of policy, or complaining about it?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9640076 said:
Has there been any actual list provided showing who's in Tier 4? I watched the conference and I'm none the wiser :shrug: There was one map they showed which if I looked with a microscope made it look like Brighton & Hove wasn't but it wasn't clear AT ALL. FFS!

The full list of areas entering Tier 4:

• [*=left]All of London
    [*=left]Rother & Hastings
    [*=left]Kent
    [*=left]Buckinghamshire
    [*=left]Berkshire
    [*=left]Surrey (excl Waverley)
    [*=left]Gosport, Havant
    [*=left]Portsmouth
    [*=left]Bedford, Central Beds
    [*=left]Milton Keynes
    [*=left]Luton, Peterborough
    [*=left]Hertfordshire
    [*=left]Essex (excluding Colchester, Uttlesford and Tendring)

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
A few days ago Boris mocked him for wanting to 'cancel Christmas'. :facepalm: the utter :tosser:

Boris is the PM with all the government facts. Starmer, you need to realise, is not the PM.

That will, thankfully, all change but sadly not until we have suffered another 4 years of this shit show.

Totally deluded if you think Stammer would do a better job.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
coming in late, are all those calling for tighter lockdown pleased and supporting the change of policy, or complaining about it?

i think the thing that sticks in the craw is the unnecessary chaos generated by the government

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here