Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I have just had my 90 year old mum in tears as I had to explain the news that we are in tier 4 now, so she will be on her own. I work from home and self isolated for the past 3 weeks to make sure there was almost zero chance to passing anything on. ducking pissed off with news

Unless you travel tonight?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe overnight stays are, at best, heavily discouraged - is that not the case?

Yes, the only way round the problem is for guests to sleep in a tent in the back garden.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
the new variant was picked up in november, you don't need a crystal ball, just a basic grasp of science, and an average attention span

Depends on what the infection rate was at the time and how fast it was spreading. Basic grasp of science wouldn't help in that scenario and was it the same mutation as there have probably been a few since it kicked off with different results

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Kin hell. I'll be in the shed in my garden in Tier 7 by Feb.

As an aside [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] gets the award for the biggest total and utter covid spanner on this thread. Tough competition. Good win.

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
fair does, so when did the pointy heads know that the new mutation would raise the r number by 0.4?

No idea
But the reactions only today from England Scotland and Wales toward this particular mutation would suggest they are reacting to quiet recent conclusions from the pointy heads

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Depends on what the infection rate was at the time and how fast it was spreading. Basic grasp of science wouldn't help in that scenario and was it the same mutation as there have probably been a few since it kicked off with different results

not too sure i understand your point, but i think your query is answered in post #272

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have just had my 90 year old mum in tears as I had to explain the news that we are in tier 4 now, so she will be on her own. I work from home and self isolated for the past 3 weeks to make sure there was almost zero chance to passing anything on. ducking pissed off with news

Is she not in your bubble? And I'm pretty sure I heard the messy haired bungle**** say that people should not be on their own.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

the variant was picked up in September and was the main reason why East Kent figures went ballistic in November. Really not a defendable position.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Starmer gets off fence.

A few days ago Boris mocked him for wanting to 'cancel Christmas'. :facepalm: the utter :tosser:

Boris is the PM with all the government facts. Starmer, you need to realise, is not the PM.

That will, thankfully, all change but sadly not until we have suffered another 4 years of this shit show.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree but it has taken energy and resource out of the government when we need it to focus on this virus. There is also the strong possibility that trade and interaction slow down from 1st January (look at the recent lorry queues in Kent) so really think having two concurrent issues is a good thing. BREXIT could have been delayed. Yes I was and am a remainer but accept its a done thing, now its about timing...

If Boris can cancel Christmas days after mocking Starmer for planning to Cancel CHRISTMAS(!) (when he wasn't) he can cancel (or postpone) Brexit. Why not? When you are a lying bungle**** who gives not a shit about anything other than your own dick, and where you're going to shove it later, you can do anything :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A few days ago Boris mocked him for wanting to 'cancel Christmas'. :facepalm: the utter :tosser:

Boris is the PM with all the government facts. Starmer, you need to realise, is not the PM.

That will, thankfully, all change but sadly not until we have suffered another 4 years of this shit show.

Good point HWt .. Starmer currently attacking Boris for cancelling Christmas a policy he called for a few days earlier ..

Millions will be heartbroken by change of plans - Labour leader

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says "millions of families will be heartbroken by having Christmas plans ripped up", after this evening's announcement by the prime minister.

... what a hypocritical :tosser:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If Boris can cancel Christmas days after mocking Starmer for planning to Cancel CHRISTMAS(!) (when he wasn't) he can cancel (or postpone) Brexit. Why not? When you are a lying bungle**** who gives not a shit about anything other than your own dick, and where you're going to shove it later, you can do anything :shrug:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

tricky to query any of that

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looks like it'll be unwrapping presents in the garden now

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here