Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Crikey ... know of a fair number of people including some of my own family that ignore the rules. They say they are being careful but frankly it's bollox

.. and please tell me where these countries are that are virtually back to normal?

yeah, people break the rules and that's up to them, my point is that for me, who's largely followed the rules pretty closely, to feel like we still haven't moved forward is incredibly deflating

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I blame the anti lockdown blowhards in the media, the Murdoch footsoliders who spread resentment and misinformation telling everyone business is more important than human lives

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
[tweet]1340337524389122050[/tweet]

What's wrong with that?

There's only two of us and we always buy a massive turkey. After a few days, we strip the carcass and freeze the meat in two-portion bags, ready for a quick curry any time during the next year. Simple, cheap and sensible in any scenario.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What's wrong with that?

There's only two of us and we always buy a massive turkey. After a few days, we strip the carcass and freeze the meat in two-portion bags, ready for a quick curry any time during the next year. Simple, cheap and sensible in any scenario.

We've bought turkey, pork, beef, gammon, bacon, pies, sausage meat, etc. Bit much for 2 adults dontcha think?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think that two households are not supposed to meet indoors currently in tier 2 . The support " Bubble" is meant to contain only one person rather than 2 so I think that is dodgy too.

I believe overnight stays are, at best, heavily discouraged - is that not the case?

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
the new variant was picked up in november, you don't need a crystal ball, just a basic grasp of science, and an average attention span

"researchers have catalogued more than 12,000 mutations in SARS-CoV-2 genomes. But scientists can spot mutations faster than they can make sense of them. Many mutations will have no consequence for the virus’s ability to spread or cause disease, because they do not alter the shape of a protein, whereas those mutations that do change proteins are more likely to harm the virus than improve it"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02544-6

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We've bought turkey, pork, beef, gammon, bacon, pies, sausage meat, etc. Bit much for 2 adults dontcha think?

(Smug alert) Ah, we also bought a second freezer, back in April.

Some of that can be frozen, or cooked then frozen, surely?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have just had my 90 year old mum in tears as I had to explain the news that we are in tier 4 now, so she will be on her own. I work from home and self isolated for the past 3 weeks to make sure there was almost zero chance to passing anything on. ducking pissed off with news

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
"researchers have catalogued more than 12,000 mutations in SARS-CoV-2 genomes. But scientists can spot mutations faster than they can make sense of them. Many mutations will have no consequence for the virus’s ability to spread or cause disease, because they do not alter the shape of a protein, whereas those mutations that do change proteins are more likely to harm the virus than improve it"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02544-6

fair does, so when did the pointy heads know that the new mutation would raise the r number by 0.4?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I have just had my 90 year old mum in tears as I had to explain the news that we are in tier 4 now, so she will be on her own. I work from home and self isolated for the past 3 weeks to make sure there was almost zero chance to passing anything on. ducking pissed off with news

bloody sad mate, what a shit, shit year

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Absolutely boils my piss that the same day Christmas is f**ked for millions of people a bunch of other people are participating in anti-lockdown marches.

I consider myself a liberal lefty snowflake but they should lock them lot of 'em up in a big old room and pump the disease in through the air vents. Wankers.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
(Smug alert) Ah, we also bought a second freezer, back in April.

Some of that can be frozen, or cooked then frozen, surely?

The freezers pretty chokka too tbh. I don't really care about this shit. Its the year we've had with a new baby and a four year old with no support and no sleep, whilst I'm working 50 hours a week. Can't handle it much longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here