Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9640076 said:
Has there been any actual list provided showing who's in Tier 4? I watched the conference and I'm none the wiser :shrug: There was one map they showed which if I looked with a microscope made it look like Brighton & Hove wasn't but it wasn't clear AT ALL. FFS!

It was very clear in the statement that tier 3 area in the South East and East along with London would move to tier 4.
Given that Brighton and Hove was in Tier 2, we remain in tier 2, no map required.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It was very clear in the statement that tier 3 area in the South East and East along with London would move to tier 4.
Given that Brighton and Hove was in Tier 2, we remain in tier 2, no map required.

You mean remain in tier 2, Shirley!? Nice edit [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If I was to drive from a tier 2 area to a tier 2 area right now and collect my sister in law and her boy and get them back here before midnight, would they be able to become part of our household bubble for the Xmas period or is that against the rules? I’m asking because I want to follow the rules.

if they are both tier 2 now then surely that will be tier 2 at midnight

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crikey ... know of people a fair number of people including some of my own family that ignore the rules. They say they are being careful but frankly it's bollox

.. and please tell me where these countries are that are virtually back to normal?

This.

CV19 is currently rife in France, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Wales, Austria, Belgium, Poland, et seq.

Several leaders lauded as marvellous back in the spring such as Sturgeon and Macron. Whilst the Welsh firebreak championed on NSC as brilliant .... if only England had one, only led to awful metrics.

So hard for European democracies, where civil liberties are cherished and a sizeable minority give two fingers to the entire pandemic and restrictions, to control this pandemic.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If I was to drive from a tier 2 area to a tier 2 area right now and collect my sister in law and her boy and get them back here before midnight, would they be able to become part of our household bubble for the Xmas period or is that against the rules? I’m asking because I want to follow the rules.

As long as the timings line up (i.e. it's between 23rd and 27th), that doesn't take your household mixing above two and neither area moves tier between now and then, I believe that's fine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
bungle is an appalling communicator, and decision maker,

"i've saved xmas"

"xmas is cancelled, mumble, mumble, bumble, bungle"

It is the " Footballisation " of politics, at PMQ's this week Starmer asked a question about whether the government had any idea on the numbers of infections the 5 day Christmas rule relaxations would cause..... Johnson replied " If only the honourable gentleman had the guts to come out and say he wanted to cancel Christmas... "

So, Johnson saw Christmas just as a political football with which to score, in his mind, todays acceptance of common sense and restricting Christmas rules has now become a goal conceded by his own team or even an own goal. And yes, he is an incredibly poor communicator but for those who wear the blue football scarf, every mumble and Latin quote is nectar from a God.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Agree with all of that except the final bit - the virus is completely unaffected by Brexit. It would be here just the same if we'd voted to remain (as would a Tory government, as Corbyn still wouldn't have won the election!)

Agree but it has taken energy and resource out of the government when we need it to focus on this virus. There is also the strong possibility that trade and interaction slow down from 1st January (look at the recent lorry queues in Kent) so really think having two concurrent issues is a good thing. BREXIT could have been delayed. Yes I was and am a remainer but accept its a done thing, now its about timing...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So if you live in Pevensey you can get bladdered down the pub then head to the Amex but if you live in Norman's Bay you can't leave your home.

Sounds silly, until you appreciate that to get bladdered in a pub in Pevensey you would need to be eating a substantial meal, such as a scotch egg.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think that two households are not supposed to meet indoors currently in tier 2 . The support " Bubble" is meant to contain only one person rather than 2 so I think that is dodgy too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As long as the timings line up (i.e. it's between 23rd and 27th), that doesn't take your household mixing above two and neither area moves tier between now and then, I believe that's fine.

What's 23rd to 27th got to do with anything? That's all cancelled.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Agree but it has taken energy and resource out of the government when we need it to focus on this virus. There is also the strong possibility that trade and interaction slow down from 1st January (look at the recent lorry queues in Kent) so really think having two concurrent issues is a good thing. BREXIT could have been delayed. Yes I was and am a remainer but accept its a done thing, now its about timing...

perhaps there’s a hidden benefit to lorries being held up at ports. If they sit in one place for 14 days, then, if they or their goods were carrying infection of Covid, then the infection will die before they all take it across borders ..:)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Hasn't the 23rd to 27th window now been reduced to the 25th only?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It is the " Footballisation " of politics, at PMQ's this week Starmer asked a question about whether the government had any idea on the numbers of infections the 5 day Christmas rule relaxations would cause..... Johnson replied " If only the honourable gentleman had the guts to come out and say he wanted to cancel Christmas... "

So, Johnson saw Christmas just as a political football with which to score, in his mind, todays acceptance of common sense and restricting Christmas rules has now become a goal conceded by his own team or even an own goal. And yes, he is an incredibly poor communicator but for those who wear the blue football scarf, every mumble and Latin quote is nectar from a God.

i know, i watched it this morning, a genuinely, calculating, callous individual; a dangerous man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here