Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This press conference is really winding me up. The questions from the media are ****ing moronic

To be fair if the media were running the country/world we would all be in Tier 1 (at worst) or the pandemic would already be over and we would be out in Xmas markets looking forward to our winter hols on the slopes ...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He has had hard decisions to make, I agree, but he has got most wrong. His original plan for Christmas was a major mistake as was decision to allow universities students to go to/back to uni especially as the majority are doing distance learning which they could have done at home. Some of the issues go back to Cummings and not punishing him but once the police indicated they would not enforce the law then it was clear something had to be done. Its a state of emergency , employ extra people to enforce the laws not hard, use the military if you have to (it was done in Northern Ireland). Should have put Brexit off until this disease had been conquered.

Agree with all of that except the final bit - the virus is completely unaffected by Brexit. It would be here just the same if we'd voted to remain (as would a Tory government, as Corbyn still wouldn't have won the election!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyway - we're hopefully heading towards the later stages now. All that really matters is whether the vaccine (mostly) works. If it does, then things will improve incrementally as February moves into Spring and Summer.

If it doesn't, then we're really in trouble, but let's hope it does. All the political point scoring is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned - it's the medicine that matters.

100%

It will be fantastic if the Oxford vaccine is approved (seems to potentially be happening before the year end) and everything is thrown at rolling it out as fast as possible. This for me offers the only real route out in a reasonable timeframe.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is all Burley & Rigbys fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have to say, I've given up being fazed by this anymore. People stick to the rules, keep their end of the bargain, and then government mismanagement ruins it for everyone.

Genuinely what's the point. So many countries are virtually back to normal,

Crikey ... know of a fair number of people including some of my own family that ignore the rules. They say they are being careful but frankly it's bollox

.. and please tell me where these countries are that are virtually back to normal?

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Has there been any actual list provided showing who's in Tier 4? I watched the conference and I'm none the wiser :shrug: There was one map they showed which if I looked with a microscope made it look like Brighton & Hove wasn't but it wasn't clear AT ALL. FFS!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9640076 said:
Has there been any actual list provided showing who's in Tier 4? I watched the conference and I'm none the wiser :shrug: There was one map they showed which if I looked with a microscope made it look like Brighton & Hove wasn't but it wasn't clear AT ALL. FFS!

I think it's the areas that moved into Tier 3 earlier in the week (so to the east and west but not Brighton & most of Sussex).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9640076]Has there been any actual list provided showing who's in Tier 4? I watched the conference and I'm none the wiser :shrug: There was one map they showed which if I looked with a microscope made it look like Brighton & Hove wasn't but it wasn't clear AT ALL. FFS!
The following areas will be under tier 4:

Kent

Buckinghamshire

Berkshire

Surrey (excluding Waverley)

The boroughs of Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth, Rother and Hastings

All 32 London boroughs and the city of London.

Bedford

Central Bedfordshire

Milton Keynes

Luton

Peterborough

Hertfordshire

Essex (excluding Colchester, Uttlesford and Tendring)

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-19...ndon-and-south-east-as-coronavirus-cases-soar

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9640076 said:

Pretty certain they said every area in London and the South East that was already in tier 3 would go into tier 4.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
If I was to drive from a tier 2 area to a tier 2 area right now and collect my sister in law and her boy and get them back here before midnight, would they be able to become part of our household bubble for the Xmas period or is that against the rules? I’m asking because I want to follow the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here