Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to campaign to leave the EU

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Utter scaremongering rubbish
Border arrangements with these two countries have nothing to do at all with membership of the EU,the agreements are entirely separate. France has recently verified they have no intention of reneging on the deals should we leave the EU.

get your facts right.

As quoted by the former head of the border agency today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll no fan if Cameron. How are we safer and stronger ?

We won't be. As I said earlier today, it was a stupid thing for Cameron to lead on that staying will make us safer, and it is ridiculous for the out campaign to say we'll be safer too. There won't be any difference to our safety either way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd suspect by controlling your own borders and escaping the freedom of movement here is a bloody good start.

We control our own borders now! You can't get into the UK without a passport and going through a border control. We control our security whether we stay in or out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll no fan if Cameron.
I'm not particularly a Cameron fan, but I did vote for him (twice), so I guess I'm more of a fan than most here.
How are we safer and stronger ?
I was speaking tongue in cheek in response to your quoting of Dave, but I don't think we're more at risk and weaker either.

I'm sure most of us here want roughly the same thing. Sure, we're bound to have some racists around who don't want any foreigners coming over, and likewise we've probably got a few hipsters who don't care about borders and money and just want us all to hold hands and love one another. Actually, the latter sounds quite good, but I'm too cynical to vote for it.

So we mostly want the same thing, we just don't agree on how to get it, which is hardly surprising, because it's complicated and no one knows the future for sure either way.

I don't think we'll be less safe if we leave (I've seen no argument to explain why we would), and I'm not unduly worried about our safety if we stay.
I am worried about the economy whichever way the vote goes. Greece is not settled, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Ireland are all a bit dodgy too, and if I had to guess, I'd say the Euro will eventually fail for them, but I don't know that.
The more I look into the likely trade deals that we'd get if we left, the less worried I am. We could still be part of the single market (which is definitely what the EU would want). We would have to pay for it, probably a bit less than we pay now. But we would have better control of our borders (I'm not saying people from the EU won't be allowed in, but we would have better control). And the EU is facing a massive migration crisis. Look at what's happening in Hungary, Germany, Austria etc.

And I like UK values more than I like the EU values. Not in every aspect, some workers elsewhere in the EU have better rights than ours, tenants too. But generally speaking, I think British people believe in fairness. We hate corruption like no other. And Europe is very corrupt. I want to go on holiday there (queues will be worse) and I want to trade with them, but I don't want to be ruled by their corrupt officials.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not particularly a Cameron fan, but I did vote for him (twice), so I guess I'm more of a fan than most here.
I was speaking tongue in cheek in response to your quoting of Dave, but I don't think we're more at risk and weaker either.

I'm sure most of us here want roughly the same thing. Sure, we're bound to have some racists around who don't want any foreigners coming over, and likewise we've probably got a few hipsters who don't care about borders and money and just want us all to hold hands and love one another. Actually, the latter sounds quite good, but I'm too cynical to vote for it.

So we mostly want the same thing, we just don't agree on how to get it, which is hardly surprising, because it's complicated and no one knows the future for sure either way.

I don't think we'll be less safe if we leave (I've seen no argument to explain why we would), and I'm not unduly worried about our safety if we stay.
I am worried about the economy whichever way the vote goes. Greece is not settled, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Ireland are all a bit dodgy too, and if I had to guess, I'd say the Euro will eventually fail for them, but I don't know that.
The more I look into the likely trade deals that we'd get if we left, the less worried I am. We could still be part of the single market (which is definitely what the EU would want). We would have to pay for it, probably a bit less than we pay now. But we would have better control of our borders (I'm not saying people from the EU won't be allowed in, but we would have better control). And the EU is facing a massive migration crisis. Look at what's happening in Hungary, Germany, Austria etc.

And I like UK values more than I like the EU values. Not in every aspect, some workers elsewhere in the EU have better rights than ours, tenants too. But generally speaking, I think British people believe in fairness. We hate corruption like no other. And Europe is very corrupt. I want to go on holiday there (queues will be worse) and I want to trade with them, but I don't want to be ruled by their corrupt officials.

:thumbsup:

larus

Good lord - are you usually this hard of understanding. I'll walk you through this REALLY slowly.

I contended the majority of Tory voters would vote out. He made the completely irrelevant point in response that the majority of Cameron's placemen in the cabinet would back IN. Irrelevant as Tory cabinet members don't have millions of votes, they have one like the rest of us.

I really thought this was a fairly uncontroversial point as all surveys point to a clear majority for Tory OUT as soon as you widen outside Cam's cabinet. Two-thirds Tory MPs are out according to a Guardian survey - latest polling survey has a 10 point lead in Tory voters - this was before Gove and Boris provided a rallying point, I bet it will be something like 20 points now.

Poor little you. Maybe you've had a long day or are just a little slow, but my original post was in reply to your post, where you stated that he was WRONG in his statement that most of the CABINET were in the IN camp. I'm not disputing that there is likely to be a higher degree of scepticism from the Tory rank-and-file and even the parliamentary party as a whole. Tips stems from his statement regarding the CABINET.

Therefore, your post saying he was wrong in this statement is wrong. I hope even you with your deluded self-importance can see that fact. Most of the cabinet are voting IN and not OUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here