Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson breaks his own rules. Again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Unfortunately for the new (and it has to be said, often rather self-righteous) left, the working class don't seem to see it that way. Ruddy plebs, eh?
I'm not sure why you keep snidely calling the left names (you've done it on at least a couple of other threads this week), but in this case I'm rather sick of certain "plebs" to be honest and see no shame in admitting it. Like the idiot bloke interviewed after the Hartlepool by-election who announced he voted Tory because there was only one food bank in Hartlepool under Labour whereas there are nine under this lot.

Forgive me for throwing my hands in despair at these people. Remember it comes hot on the heels of Brexit, something that most Brexit people barely bother defending these days beyond "you lost get over it".

To be fair, I don't blame these people - there have always been stupid people regardless of how they vote - I am more upset at the lack of integrity in the Tory party for wiping out dissenting voters and parachuting in a bunch of morons whose only attribute is unswerving loyalty to Boris Johnson's disastrous agendas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's not a surprise, rules are for other people. The guy is a **** of the highest order and he will end up brought down by his own stupidity and arrogance sooner or later....

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Sure that the left wing labour luvvies would like the pandemic to carry on for ever, for political point scoring,, Boris has had covid, has been vaccinated with two doses, and tested regularly, just let him get on with running the country,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's not a surprise, rules are for other people. The guy is a **** of the highest order and he will end up brought down by his own stupidity and arrogance sooner or later....

The members will get him first, pressurising MPs to sharpen their political knives. When first elected as MP he deeply divided the local members.

The Conservative members have "suffered" in a similar way to Labour in a lurch to the extremes, but with the electorate generally mildly right of centre (as they have always been) Boris doesn't know which way to turn.

Does he lurch to the right to keep the members happy or try and steer a mildly right of centre "liberal" path to protect his majority ?

He is deeply unpopular with the party at the moment so it's no surprise to see him making statements about Thatcher. He is feeling the heat.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sure that the left wing labour luvvies would like the pandemic to carry on for ever, for political point scoring,, Boris has had covid, has been vaccinated with two doses, and tested regularly, just let him get on with running the country,

Running the country ? He's never "run" anything and is completely dependent on advisors, just like his time as London Mayor.

Johnson has two strategies 1) Be as popular as possible 2) Waste as much of tax payers money as you can get your hands on to achieve 1).

He'd be better off running Belarus and is the polar opposite of what the Conservatives are traditionally about.

It's laughable that today he was trying to reimagine the 1980s Conservative party (or ANY mainstream party as such) as early Green agenda adopters.

A few years ago he denying climate change and citing the "works" of his close friend climate change denier Piers Corbyn (yes really) in the London assembly.

Why ? Cos he's an arse. But will change his opinion at the speed he changes his partners, because at his heart he is an insecure little boy striving for attention.

Any "political point scoring" is by his supporters in denial. All being under the delusion that he is fit for public office, their behaviour similar to those who prompt up leaders in Communist regimes.

Johnson as PM is simply a symptom of the state both parties have got themselves into and on that I 100% agree with Dominic Cummings on that.

Simply the worst PM in my lifetime. How our system allows someone so useless to run (see above) a major pollical party is remarkable and I extend my feelings to Corbyn.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath personally :shrug:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Sure that the left wing labour luvvies would like the pandemic to carry on for ever, for political point scoring,, Boris has had covid, has been vaccinated with two doses, and tested regularly, just let him get on with running the country into the ground,

Corrected for you.

You have not been charged for this service!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I simply ask that he sticks to the laws he imposed on everyone else. He made the law. He is not exempt. The virus doesn't care if he is PM or not and he's flying up and down the country. He should be subject to Covid laws as much as anyone else. He has laid down that on 16th August isolation ends for double vaccinated people. He was told to make it sooner and he refused.
It's not about the pandemic being over or not. It's about being a leader of integrity and not one who abuses his position. Again.
A ten day break at Chequers, his grace and favour mansion, is hardly a big ask.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I can't wait for posts 99 and 100.

Oh, hang on....

Yes, yes I can wait.

Ideally for eternity :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I haven’t read the previous posts but I don’t give a sh1t. If the person running this country needs to operate by different rules to get the job done then so be it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I haven’t read the previous posts but I don’t give a sh1t. If the person running this country needs to operate by different rules to get the job done then so be it.

:lolol:

Johnson has never run anything, he never has and never will.

The only reason he needs to be in the "office" is to look into the eyes of the other Cabinet members who are looking to take over.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

the problem being, he's running it into the ground

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

he doesn't, there's all manner of technologies available to the leader of our once great nation, these days

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
:lolol:

Johnson has never run anything, he never has and never will.

The only reason he needs to be in the "office" is to look into the eyes of the other Cabinet members who are looking to take over.

I don’t just mean BJ.

I’d say the same for any leader of this country, whether Labour or Conservative.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Lorry drivers, and supermarket workers don't have to self isolate, essential workers! Only the self righteous leftie guardian readers would not put Prime Minister in the same category!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here