Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson and Charlotte Edwardes

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So, from afar, what do you consider might have triggered this recent decision to have it all out at this time?

That is not something you or I will never know, and shouldn't ask. It's used as a pathetic defence by people with no other argument to save their hero, but not one they usually trot out when the accused is someone like Jimmy Savile. It is like war veterans who won't talk about what they witnessed for decades, and then a grandchild
asks the right question and it just triggers a release. No-one knows why, and is irrelevant to what is said - all that matters is whether it is true or not, not why they kept it to themselves for personal reasons.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That is not something you or I will never know, and shouldn't ask. It's used as a pathetic defence by people with no other argument to save their hero, but not one they usually trot out when the accused is someone like Jimmy Savile. It is like war veterans who won't talk about what they witnessed for decades, and then a grandchild
asks the right question and it just triggers a release. No-one knows why, and is irrelevant to what is said - all that matters is whether it is true or not, not why they kept it to themselves for personal reasons.

Are you really putting this, be it true or not, in the same bracket as Savile or a war veteran? Honestly?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Are you really putting this in the same bracket as Savile or a war veteran? Honestly?

I'm putting the question of when victims choose to reveal their stories in the same bracket, yes. I suspect you are trying to suggest I am putting the 'crimes' in the same bracket because that is all you can do. I'm not, that's a stupid suggestion.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Why now? You would have thought she would have had plenty of opportunity to report this since it is alleged to have happened.

Could it be that there is a growing pile of evidence that he is unfit to be PM and so this helps to further illustrate the point?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
A crime so heinous the victim didn't mention it at the table as they might put the other guests off their tiramisu

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why should she make these accusations 20 years after the alleged event.

Well let's throw that back ( also can't believe in this day and age anyone asks the question any more )

Why do you think she never made the accusations 20 years ago ?

So here is one (FAR LESS SERIOUS :lolol: )

I was working in a studio over 20 years ago and a presenter of the time turned up completely rat-arsed. He stood in the only doorway to the studio on the phone.

He refused to let me leave the studio, to the extent he kept moving from side to side to stop me get round him.

I was stuck there for 30 mins When he had finished the phone call he let me out with a theoretical wave of his hand. My previous option would have been for me to force-ably shove him to one side.

Why didn't I ? I would have been scared of losing my job. This wasn't a building site or a pub....

So unlike you I'm not going to pass judgement on a women who has years later to detail some pathetic male power game from the 90s. In any case you wouldn't understand, you've never moved in those circles. :lolol:

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Well let's throw that back ( also can't believe in this day and age anyone asks the question any more )

Why do you think she never made the accusations 20 years ago ?

Because it meant nothing to her at the time....but now with all the sexual accusations in the headlines and the fact he is prime minister she can be propelled into the limelight.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why do you think she didn`t made accusation 20 years ago then ?

It's amazing anyone even asks that question these days.

1) It's her boss
2) He has power over her.
3) She is frightened of losing her job
4) It was viewed as "normal" by some men at the time and nothing would have happened if she had complained.

Where would she go HR ? The company wouldn't have even had one back then.

It's astonishing that in this day and age that people STILL dismiss allegations of sexual touching / assault because "nothing was said at the time".

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's amazing anyone even asks that question these days.

1) It's her boss
2) He has power over her.
3) She is frightened of losing her job
4) It was viewed as "normal" by some men at the time and nothing would have happened if she had complained.

Where would she go HR ? The company wouldn't have even had one back then.

It's astonishing that in this day and age that people STILL dismiss allegations of sexual touching / assault because "nothing was said at the time".

What a load of bollocks...Do you live in the real world ? Do you really think it`s coincidence that she`s come out with these allegations now ? if so you are deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here