Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably Bielsa trying to get the PL shut down so he doesn’t burn Leeds out again

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I am so sorry.

You need to do what is right for you, that is possible. They cannot enforce everything.

I will comply by the rules, have done throughout. But I think come spring things aren’t better, I certainly won’t be alone in revolting against all this. A year from all of our lives is enough to take, as well as many of our jobs and futures.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When did I hear that last?
Was it as recently as about 10 months ago?

No it was about 2 weeks ago.

That's a direct quote from Boris to a question that was basically:-

'Why have you had to u-turn your position of saving a Christian festival?'

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No, not really. Every time she shows better leadership than Boris she shows that she is a better leader than Boris. Scots will have a view on Independence based on a something quite a bit less shallow than who happens to be the current leaders.

The opinion polls in Scotland are now consistently showing a majority in favour of independence with Savanta ComRes, Ipsos MORI and Panelbase all reporting a double digit lead for independence in November and December.

The last time Union supporters were in the majority - by just 1% - was on 26th March. Now, just over 8 months later, the same polling organisation Panelbase is reporting and 11% lead so a huge swing of 12%.

Therefore, regardless of your personal politics, Boris's dithering is damaging the future of the Union. I think Brexit and now Covid have changed the game - these two straws may have broken the camel's back of decades of Scotland being disregarded by successive Tory governments.

It is now inherently risky to remain in the Union whilst outside the EU, and so the high risk strategy of leaving the UK that was such a big factor in 2014 IndyRef is now not such a big issue.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Madness. Just another dumb non-decision.

How is elite sport continuing madness, out of interest?

I don’t see an argument for stopping sport at elite level myself, it’s a controlled environment with football club bubbles and precautions there is no reason to stop sports.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It’s still too late for some of the NHS.
% of positive cases ending up in hospital is now at c12% plus
So with 55,000 cases per day that’s 6,600 hospital admissions PER DAY in about two weeks time.
Hospital admisssion numbers have mysteriously disappeared from the Govt stats since 23 Dec - that were at 2,500 then.
Hospitals will fall over - Johnson and the rest have blood on their hands

Despite all of the nobody could have done it better merchants on here

To late, always too late

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I will comply by the rules, have done throughout. But I think come spring things aren’t better, I certainly won’t be alone in revolting against all this. A year from all of our lives is enough to take, as well as many of our jobs and futures.

Out of interest, who do you blame for this?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here