Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thankfully "we'll be in a much better place by Easter".

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Living life on autopilot is really becoming tiresome to me, the strain lockdown causes on relationships and mental health is going to be felt for years to come from this, I regard myself as quite strong mentally but I’m near to my breaking point, I think if by Spring things aren’t better quite a few are going to lose all hope.

It’s an absolute time vampire is lockdown, feels like time is just wasting away.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He indicated that it’s essentially a repeat of last spring’s lockdown so assuming all sport stops :shrug:

Outdoor team sports will not be permitted, but professional sports, including the Premier League, may continue.

mwrpoole beat me to it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gary Gibbon c4 news says Premier league will continue

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Living life on autopilot is really becoming tiresome to me, the strain lockdown causes on relationships and mental health is going to be felt for years to come from this, I regard myself as quite strong mentally but I’m near to my breaking point, I think if by Spring things aren’t better quite a few are going to lose all hope.

It’s an absolute time vampire is lockdown, feels like time is just wasting away.

I am so sorry.

You need to do what is right for you, that is possible. They cannot enforce everything.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
J

Well, the subtext of the message has always been this: the British public have excellent judgement and should be trusted. It is not the job of the government to tell people what to do. That would be very wrong.

Many on NSC will read that and nod, knowingly.

Anyway, I'm off to sniff a line of ants, inject myself with an armful of heroin and enjoy tonight's match. It's my life and I'll do what I want. :shrug:

Make the most of it will be the last one for 2 months ( football that is )

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From the BBC:

Amateur team sports are not allowed, but elite sport such as Premier League football can continue

Fair enough.
A continuation of mixed messages which will embolden those who don’t think it’s real

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports