Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't understand this really. Yes, it's nice to have a bit of positivity but it's fluffy guff. Don't give people any false hope. Stick to facts. Just say the R rate is this, hospital admissions are this, and we won't even review lockdown UNTIL the R rate is this and hospital levels are this. What is so hard about that?

People need hope, maybe you don’t but plenty of people who are at the end of their mental ability to cope need any string of hope to hold onto.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
February half term sounds like a minimum for schools
Which is about right, it's a trade off that might even be extended til the end of Feb if cases are still high.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't understand this really. Yes, it's nice to have a bit of positivity but it's fluffy guff. Don't give people any false hope. Stick to facts. Just say the R rate is this, hospital admissions are this, and we won't even review lockdown UNTIL the R rate is this and hospital levels are this. What is so hard about that?

bj? honest?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
People need hope, maybe you don’t but plenty of people who are at the end of their mental ability to cope need any string of hope to hold onto.

And how are they going to feel when we get to February and we have the inevitable next address where he extends lockdown further, no doubt with more abstract promises?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
An admission by default of the catastrophic failure of his “no lockdown- localised tiers” policy then.
But more importantly where was Laura K? Inside consoling her man maybe?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sam Coates on Sky says Premier League not allowed to continue, misspeak or true?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Which is about right, it's a trade off that might even be extended til the end of Feb if cases are still high.

I agree. I was expecting him to match Scotland initially but pleased he has been bolder than that. The spell where my kids school.was shut for 3 weeks in November the online learning was way better than in lockdown 1 so I'm happy to go with that for a month or so

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here