Boris Johnson 8pm televised address - official match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I simply think people should take responsibility for the results of what they voted for.

It's the 21st century disease 'I have rights, I have opinions, but I have no responsibility' (but that's for another day :wink:)

'I had no choice, I was forced' Maybe you've recognised we have a major problem with our 'democracy' and supported proportional representation all along and I've just missed it ?

So you’re holding up your hands and taking responsibility for pursuing Corbyn as a viable PM candidate?

Well done. I can’t imagine others of your ilk being man enough. They tend to disappear when the going gets tough. Another thing they have in common with Boris.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What makes you think people need to take responsibility? People who voted for Blair are not required to take responsibility for the Iraq War. I voted Boris because of Brexit. I disagree with some parts of his handling of Covid and support other parts. It is possible to disagree with someone you vote for and I would vote the same way again.

Then you prioritised Brexit over all other reasons to elect a government to run the country for 5 years (and you weren't alone in that). That is your decision and it is your responsibility for putting him into power for 5 years.

I voted Blair (one of the few times I have voted Labour) take full responsibility for what they did, and would defend the same decision on the same information at the time again :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So he’ll move us into Tier 5. “Urge” everyone to stay home but not enforce it, then in a fortnight he’ll finally get a clue and put us into a proper lockdown. That he still won’t enforce. He usually follows the rest of the U.K. about a fortnight after they decide to do the right thing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you’re holding up your hands and taking responsibility for pursuing Corbyn as a viable PM candidate?

Well done. I can’t imagine others of your ilk being man enough. They tend to disappear when the going gets tough. Another thing they have in common with Boris.

You do know we don't have a two party system ?

But yes, I take responsibility for what I do (even if it's rare)

I am sorry as dinner with the family calls, but this is the reason I joined NSC :thumbsup:

Thanks Bozza (even if we very rarely agree)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Then you prioritised Brexit over all other reasons to elect a government to run the country for 5 years (and you weren't alone in that). That is your decision and it is your responsibility for putting him into power for 5 years.

I voted Blair (one of the few times I have voted Labour) take full responsibility for what they did, and would defend the same decision on the same information at the time again :shrug:

How exactly are you taking responsibility? Sounds quite grand. The overall result is all that matters not your contribution to it. And yes I am happy with my vote and reasons for it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Depends upon whether or not the other parties campaign on rejoining. It’s up to them.
All other things being equal I would prefer to vote Labour. I’m not sure they would have been better on Covid though.

fair does,

but i seriously can't comprehend how anyone could be worse than johnson and his sycophants

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
4c583971f7c412c470caeff8aa3c4dcf.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully this time round the uber-libertarian Boris will be forced by wiser heads to make the restrictions compulsory, with sanctions that will be enforced (and without the police being allowed to say they are too busy!).
Tens of thousands been marching for their "freedom" what to do with these nutjobs?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Dan Burn should self isolate for a few weeks, so it can calm down some Sussex residents ?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I wonder if the numerous mockers and sneerers on NSC would instantly solve the problem of Covid should they somehow become (gawd help us all) PM overnight?

No they wouldn't, nobody could, but it seems many here and elsewhere can and could see the blindingly obvious long long before the Prime Minister...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why's he wearing a dress for the nation at 8?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So we’re moving to tier 5 of the 3 tiered system?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports