Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bored at work... game

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Only a brief morning update today...

Yesterday saw some extremely pleasing passages of play with excellent contributions from several participants. After a few teething problems it seems that the additional rules have helped ensure a smoother flow to the game and we now have far less confusion about what constitutes a legitimate nomination.

Special mention to gazwag for a number of inspired interventions, often when it appeared that others were struggling (e.g. with a tricky late cycle "O" or "H"...). B.M.F. was also notable in his consistent application of the rules and willingness to uphold the Spirit of the Game. Although, as commented on in the thread, I would prefer not see any more of his unsavoury pictorial representation. GNLF showed some promise along with Toronto and Lokki just needs to persevere a little more. BTID appears to be an enthusiastic participant but occasionally disappoints with Rule breaches (notably Rule 7. and Rule 8.)

I see that there was further debate regarding continuation of play in the absence of the Grand Rules Master (GRM). This really is a matter for individual conscience. I personally would be very happy to see round the clock action and do encourage people to play outside of the official sessions. It should be quite easy to play on and the appointment of a Locum Tenens Rules Master (LTRM) is only necessary in cases of repeated deviation from the Rules.

Today's first official session will commence at 12.00 noon.

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Moshe Gariani said:
Only a brief morning update today...

BTID appears to be an enthusiastic participant but occasionally disappoints with Rule breaches (notably Rule 7. and Rule 8.)

Today's first official session will commence at 12.00 noon.

:blush: my apologies again - i shall wash my mouth with soap should it happen again.

i look forward to a rondevous at 12 hundred hours mushi!:bowdown:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Yay! :clap2:

I for one simply can not wait till noon.

Now, I don't want to step on the toes of our beloved Grand Rules Master but I believe he failed to mention that we're due to start with

Gerry Ryan

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Barnet Seagull said:
Yay! :clap2:

I for one simply can not wait till noon.

Now, I don't want to step on the toes of our beloved Grand Rules Master but I believe he failed to mention that we're due to start with

Gerry Ryan
no problem Barnet... you are correct to say that at present we are set to begin with one of the Albion's legendary Eire internationals...

I chose not to say myself who we would be starting with at 12 in case it discouraged spontaneous play...

looks like there will be at least 3 of us playing during the official session... would be nice to see some others joining in too (we will miss BMF today...)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You were a minute early Barnet

Jimmy Hill

Did he play for England ???

I'm not actually sure now thinking about it

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
gazwag said:
You were a minute early Barnet

Jimmy Hill
gazwag i'm sorry to say but you are officially WARNED regarding your treatment of Rule 1. ...the previous day's play is still within the 8 page cycle and makes "H"s hard to come by...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Harold Larwood

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Moshe Gariani said:
gazwag i'm sorry to say but you are officially WARNED regarding your treatment of Rule 1. ...the previous day's play is still within the 8 page cycle and makes "H"s hard to come by...

Sorry, I was about to edit to Jimmy Melia as well as Jimmy Hill didn't play for England

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
gazwag said:
Sorry, I was about to edit to Jimmy Melia as well as Jimmy Hill didn't play for England
oh my god...! chaos already... please check the eligibility of nominations BEFORE posting...

the rules of precedence require us to start again with Jimmy Melia...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
gazwag said:
Oh COME ON Barnet ....... "Y"
agreed - official warning to Barnet...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Barnet Seagull said:
Well L isn't exactly TOSSING easy is it?
steady now...

we're on Jimmy Melia

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
Michael Robinson
well done Lokki :clap2:

Ray Clarke

BTID... please contribute positively or leave those who want to play properly to it...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here