Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Booster Jab walk ins

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Strangely enough, I had my booster jab too, (Pfizer) on Friday and still experiencing a sore arm, three days later. All were Pfizer.

My arm wasn’t sore this time. It was aches and chronic fatigue for 24 hours.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not entirely sure 30 million is accurate. I got my second jab just 6 weeks after the first and I am not eligible to book until next Monday. Not sure 30m had been done before me.

I find that difficult to believe too. I am 68, we were fairly prompt about booking 1st and 2nd jabs, and are not eligible for boosters until Nov 12th.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
They had been running a walk in clinic up at the Charmandean Centre until recently as my daughter got her first jab there. I guess the venue is now starting to be used for other events so not available and they can't find anywhere else suitable at the moment.

I had my booster jab (by appointment) there last Thursday.

I asked at my surgery (as I was there anyway) if l could book an appointment at the covid clinic, they gave me a number to ring to make the appointment as they said they weren't allowed to do this. When I rang the number they gave me they could only offer me the Charmandean Centre.

My friend who is the otherside of the town was able to have it at my surgery but I couldn't! Not sure what thats all about.

Still no complaints from me though as it was really efficient at the Charmandean.

BTW no side effects for me this time. Not that I have had with the other jabs, only a really sore arm with the 1st one (all Pfizser)

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Churchill Square isn't a walk-in venue. Search for walk-in venues here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...alk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Churchill Square is for pre-booked appointments only. Search/book here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ter-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

Somewhat bizarrely, Reigate IS the nearest walk-in to Worthing.

When I went on the walk in clinic search and put in Brighton, it gave me Ticehurst, 30 miles away as the nearest walk in.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not entirely sure 30 million is accurate. I got my second jab just 6 weeks after the first and I am not eligible to book until next Monday. Not sure 30m had been done before me.

I imagine the 30 million is how many people in total will be able to have a booster 6 months after second jab.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Or not. Ticehurst is closest but only talks about 1st and 2nd doses available, As do all of the other links. With most not having AZ and no advice as to whether or not I should have that or another.

Even more bizarre is that of the 10 closest, 3 are in Swanley and 3 are in Orpington.

Ticehurst is doing the booster as my wife is booked in. I have a week to wait. Not sure if they are doing drop ins

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As my 6 months was up last Friday, I tried booking online and it lets you so you don't need to wait another week. My local one offered 25th November. Shopped around and got one tomorrow at a pharmacy in Hastings. Be nice to get it out the way whilst I am off.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Slightly rough today as my body decides it doesn't like Pfizer as much as AZ but better than the alternative. Was a bit worried about what side effects to expect as they made me sit on a child's chair in the pharmacy for 15 minutes before being allowed to leave. Directly to my left was a Zimmer frame and jut in front to the left were male incontinence pads! Thought they were trying to warn me.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Mrs Saladpack had her booster at Churchill Square last Sunday morning. Just walked in on the off-chance, and it was done. Can't do mine till the end of this month.

Did mine yesterday and before the 182 day guidance, and contrary to earlier advice on here Churchill Sq have been doing walk ins for weeks. I had an hour wait around midday, friends went early morning and were in and out.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Slightly rough today as my body decides it doesn't like Pfizer as much as AZ but better than the alternative. Was a bit worried about what side effects to expect as they made me sit on a child's chair in the pharmacy for 15 minutes before being allowed to leave. Directly to my left was a Zimmer frame and jut in front to the left were male incontinence pads! Thought they were trying to warn me.

Mine was the opposite I had a 24 hour reaction to both AZ jabs but none with the booster Pfizer other than a sore arm.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I had my booster jab (by appointment) there last Thursday.

I asked at my surgery (as I was there anyway) if l could book an appointment at the covid clinic, they gave me a number to ring to make the appointment as they said they weren't allowed to do this. When I rang the number they gave me they could only offer me the Charmandean Centre.

My friend who is the otherside of the town was able to have it at my surgery but I couldn't! Not sure what thats all about.

Still no complaints from me though as it was really efficient at the Charmandean.

BTW no side effects for me this time. Not that I have had with the other jabs, only a really sore arm with the 1st one (all Pfizser)

Have you got the details for the Charmandean Centre walk in as it isn't coming up when I look on the NHS or Sussex Health websites - thanks.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
My wife was a week ahead on the first invites. She got a booster invite 3 weeks ago. I did not. Whilst taking her to her jab this week at Clare Hall, she said that she was asked when she turned up, whether she was booking, or for a jab. She said she was for a jab, but texted me as I sat in the car. I got out, and went and joined the queue, and booked my booster at Clare Hall. Up until then, the options were Coulsden and Portsmouth!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Mrs and I had ours 3 weeks ago.....its not appeared on the APP yet, NHS website says 48 hours after vaccine, any ideas?

My wife was saying the same, and mine is not on the NHS app. Googling it appears that the government is not going to (to date) include third (booster) jabs on the NHS app. So I suppose the only way of proving is to keep the card given after the booster jab.
Edit. Thinking about how incompetent this government has been through out this whole process they will have to include it at some stage due to the outcry.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My wife was saying the same, and mine is not on the NHS app. Googling it appears that the government is not going to (to date) include third (booster) jabs on the NHS app. So I suppose the only way of proving is to keep the card given after the booster jab.
Edit. Thinking about how incompetent this government has been through out this whole process they will have to include it at some stage due to the outcry.

They’re going to need to sort it out….some countries have already implemented requirements (Israel for example - need to show evidence of full vaccination, the latest of which must be within the last 180 days - they are currently accepting a GP letter as proof of having a booster)……..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here