[News] Booster Jab walk ins

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been trying to get a reasonable location for my booster and the availability is awful, just checked the link that was posted and i got Portsmouth as my nearest ! If i go through other nhs back doors the best I get is Brighton or Chi, I really don't understand why you can't get a vaccine in Worthing , its mystifying .

Edit : I get the impression that there are no new vaccination centres opening, just if you turn up at one they HAVE to vaccinate you no matter how many turn up at once.

I had my national NHS invite for the booster a few weeks back. As you say you have to go to either Brighton or Chichester for them.

This morning I had my invite from my GP surgery (Lime Tree) to book with them in Worthing. The first available appointment is the 21st November.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Churchill Square isn't a walk-in venue. Search for walk-in venues here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...alk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Churchill Square is for pre-booked appointments only. Search/book here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ter-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

Somewhat bizarrely, Reigate IS the nearest walk-in to Worthing.

According to the website https://www.churchillsquare.com/nhs-vaccination-centre/ Churchill Square is a walk in as well as booked appointment

Much closer than Reigate

image_2021-11-01_140636.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Walk in session Tesco car park Hove Saturday 11am to 4pm

Five minute walk from Hove Station/ Palmeira Sq for the #25 bus if anyone wants to get jabbed on their way to the match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A little warning, I had no reaction to the first two jabs (Pfizer) but felt awful for 24 hours after the booster.

Daughter said she was ill for a couple of days after her booster too…….flu-like symptoms and feeling very drained. We’re all getting Pfizer boosters apparently, regardless of what you had initially.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I really don't understand why you can't get a vaccine in Worthing , its mystifying.

They had been running a walk in clinic up at the Charmandean Centre until recently as my daughter got her first jab there. I guess the venue is now starting to be used for other events so not available and they can't find anywhere else suitable at the moment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Churchill Square isn't a walk-in venue. Search for walk-in venues here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...alk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Churchill Square is for pre-booked appointments only. Search/book here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ter-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

Somewhat bizarrely, Reigate IS the nearest walk-in to Worthing.

I'm getting Portsmouth, Woking and Coulsden as the nearest three to me.... mind you. I am in West Worthing, that may be why I don't get Reigate. It is looking just a tad shambolic again.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nearest site to me is in St Helens, which apart from being 10 miles away is a complete :shit:hole.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hasnt been 6 months +1 week until this Friday!

We have vaccine centres at Portslade and mile oak so hopefully will get there next week.

If you read the link to the NHS walk in site, it says 6 months (182 days). No idea why the extra week matters but as I am off this week, I might go for a day trip to get it out the way.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you read the link to the NHS walk in site, it says 6 months (182 days). No idea why the extra week matters but as I am off this week, I might go for a day trip to get it out the way.

Or not. Ticehurst is closest but only talks about 1st and 2nd doses available, As do all of the other links. With most not having AZ and no advice as to whether or not I should have that or another.

Even more bizarre is that of the 10 closest, 3 are in Swanley and 3 are in Orpington.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
A little warning, I had no reaction to the first two jabs (Pfizer) but felt awful for 24 hours after the booster.

Strangely enough, I had my booster jab too, (Pfizer) on Friday and still experiencing a sore arm, three days later. All were Pfizer.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
We have vaccine centres at Portslade and mile oak so hopefully will get there next week.[/QUOTE]

I had my second (and first) at Portslade Health Centre on 29th April. I wasn’t sure if they were doing boosters there this time, so when I was in Brighton on Friday, 29th October, I just went into the walk-in one at Churchill Square, queued up and had it there. I went in at 10am, it was packed by 11am.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I've been trying to get a reasonable location for my booster and the availability is awful, just checked the link that was posted and i got Portsmouth as my nearest ! If i go through other nhs back doors the best I get is Brighton or Chi, I really don't understand why you can't get a vaccine in Worthing , its mystifying .

Edit : I get the impression that there are no new vaccination centres opening, just if you turn up at one they HAVE to vaccinate you no matter how many turn up at once.

Amazingly coincidental but I’ve just had a text from Lime Tree surgery inviting me for my booster at Durrington Heath Centre so am booked in at midday on Saturday - working on the assumption that any ill effects won’t kick in til I’m home from the match later 🤞

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazingly coincidental but I’ve just had a text from Lime Tree surgery inviting me for my booster at Durrington Heath Centre so am booked in at midday on Saturday - working on the assumption that any ill effects won’t kick in til I’m home from the match later 🤞

That's bizarre - as I posted earlier on this thread, the earliest date offered to me when I received my Lime Tree text today was 21st November.

I'\ve just gone in again and it's still the earliest date available.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
That's bizarre - as I posted earlier on this thread, the earliest date offered to me when I received my Lime Tree text today was 21st November.

I'\ve just gone in again and it's still the earliest date available.

My mistake - It’s actually the 20th November. I went straight on and booked and saw Saturday and assumed it was this Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports