Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boormuff Car Park - WHAT a JOKE.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Got out of the car park at about 6.20pm I think. Mental.

Did anyone else see that nutter sit on the front of an Albion numberplated car so his car could get out in front? When the Albion car moved slowly forward with his arse on the bonnet he went mental and started punching the car!

I saw that....he then jumped into a large silver suv...I thought they were mates pissing about...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All well and good complaining about their car park but it can't be worse than our non existent car park.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was in a car that got a ticket and it all looks official from B'muff BC so reckon it's kosher (website etc).

What was annoying is that we did pay but the ticket must have blown off the dash and was on the floor. What are my chances on appeal?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I was in a car that got a ticket and it all looks official from B'muff BC so reckon it's kosher (website etc).

What was annoying is that we did pay but the ticket must have blown off the dash and was on the floor. What are my chances on appeal?

I gave my ticket to a guy in a Ford Focus with a parking ticket so he could contest it.....If you have a legal ticket I dont think the council have a leg to stand on....DONT PAY and appeal sending them A COPY of the ticket...

EHBA

Jan 12, 2011
What was annoying is that we did pay but the ticket must have blown off the dash and was on the floor. What are my chances on appeal?[/QUOTE]

Freddie, go to the pepipoo.com website for information on parking 'problems' and if you start a thread, free 'advice' ref appeals.

Lots of Plymouth fans were also fined two weeks ago by Bournemouth Council for 'failing to display' in the P&D car park.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Got out of the car park at about 6.20pm I think. Mental.

Did anyone else see that nutter sit on the front of an Albion numberplated car so his car could get out in front? When the Albion car moved slowly forward with his arse on the bonnet he went mental and started punching the car!

Yeah, saw that. Wasn't the Albion plated car a really flash BMW?

Excellent mentalist behaviour

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Oddly enough, I got a ticket in Brighton for a similar offence. I am more than certain that I put it the right way up on the dashboard and assume that it blew over when the door was shut.

Cost cutting seems to mean that you no longer have an adhesive to stick it to the window! However, the ticket states 'place on the dashboard', but it doesn't stipulate which way up ;-) :jester:

I have appealed and will let you know.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Thought it was a Merc CL500 or similar.
The SUV was very keen to get out of the car park, as I didn't want my little car crushed and had seen the pummelling of the other car I thought discretion was the better part of valour and let it go.
The blonde women who was driving it had obviously had a nasty fall from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Maybe that was why the guy was so aggressive.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Turned up at 12.40ish and parked next to some Brighton supporters in their Hyundai i20 right by the entrance. Bloke looked really p1ssed off I parked there, and told me not to park there as 'there was no space for other cars to move'. Let's be said that at 2:30, two cars were parked to the side of me (the "no space that side, mate" side) and traffic could still pass. Quite funny, as I left quickly but he was boxed in, a car infront and behind him!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Yes! I was just waiting for him to go back to his car and produce a hammer or something!

We got done for not getting a ticket years ago so didnt make that mistake again. It's so easy to miss though. They could easily do something about it but they clearly don't want to as they rake it in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I gave my ticket to a guy in a Ford Focus with a parking ticket so he could contest it.....If you have a legal ticket I dont think the council have a leg to stand on....DONT PAY and appeal sending them A COPY of the ticket...

I think you will find they photographed the car to prove 'failure to display.'

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Fake ones though if in a private car park...from a private parking firm like they have round here in Supermarket carparks, Home base, ToysRUs etc.

NEVER pay one, just ignore the whole scam, debt collector threatograms, the lot. Sticky threads on here tell you everything you need to know:

Parking Fines, Tickets Parking - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

FightBack Forums -> Parking and Decriminalised Notices

Sorry to go a bit off-topic but it's a thread about car parks and I would HATE to think of any Albion fans believing that private parking 'tickets' mean anything at all. Certainly they do not have to be paid nor appealed, and your credit record is not affected (have ignored a few myself). :lolol:

Might help someone on away trips to know this...:thumbsup:

Might also be worth noting for any of you that drive to away games that if you pull into a motorway service area and fall asleep, going over the 2 hours limit in the process, their parking fines do not have any legal validity, so don't worry if that happens to you. Why you should want to spend more than two hours in one of those places though, I can't imagine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I think you will find they photographed the car to prove 'failure to display.'

Appeal ALWAYS appeal. The photograph proves nothing and more often than not you can argue the signage is inadequate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I never ever pay a parking ticket even if issued in the street in Worthing. I always push it to the point of saying I will take it to a tribunal if needed and Worthing BC always give in. I always argue based on signage being wrong or inadequate or too high etc.

EHBA

Jan 12, 2011
Appeal ALWAYS appeal. The photograph proves nothing and more often than not you can argue the signage is inadequate.

Here's some info re signage requirements and acknowledgement of the fact that both visitors and locals exist, both could be useful on appeal. This is an extract from an old thread on pepipoo.com relating to a similar case in LB Redbridge. Redbridge council refused an informal and then a formal appeal but caved in before it went to adjudication.

If you type in BH7 7AF on google and go to satellite view you can get very good resolution showing the lack of signage in the car park.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Operational Guidance to Local Authorities, Parking Policy and Enforcement Traffic Management Act 2004 contains the following clauses;

"1.7 You should also take account of good practice guidance from organisations such as the British Parking Association (see below), Institution of Highways and Transportation, CSS (formerly the County Surveyors’ Society), etc.."

E2 PCNs may not be valid if they are issued where traffic signs and road markings are incorrect or in poor condition. Representations demonstrating this should be accepted. If such representations are not accepted, any subsequent appeal may be successful. Authorities should, therefore, have the services of an employee or contractor who is capable of reading and applying TSRGD 2002 and the Traffic Signs Manual. When the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHIE) qualification in traffic sign design is in place, the employee or contractor should have achieved at least ‘practitioner’ level.

E3 Before applying for the new powers, as part of their review of existing TROs (see Chapter 13), authorities should ensure that the relevant traffic signs and road markings are present and consistent with TSRGD and in a good state of repair; and that their meaning will be clear to visitors as well as local people.

The British Parking Association’s Code of Practice for Control and Enforcement of Parking on Private Land and Unregulated Public Car Parks states that;

A 8.2.e Signs must be placed at the entrance to the site, and there must be enough signs placed in other locations throughout the site so that drivers are given the chance to be aware of the risk involved at the time of parking or leaving the vehicle.

A.8.2.f Your signs must be at least 450mm x 450mm in size....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here