Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

booking fee

kano

Jun 17, 2011
im sure someone has moaned about this before....but as iv just bought my wrexham ticket its on my mind. Two quid for the computer system automatically activating my ST card? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[yt]WCkOmcIl79s[/yt]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
im sure someone has moaned about this before....but as iv just bought my wrexham ticket its on my mind. Two quid for the computer system automatically activating my ST card? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

No, you're the first! Today.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Albion not as bad as ticketmaster ect who charge a transfer fee and booking fee.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
You'd think it would be the other way round. Costs a few pence to transact your card but it certainly costs time and money if you called at the ticket office in person.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Id rather they stuck a couple of quid onto the asking price of the ticket and have no fees. At least I would not get massively pissed off and feel that I am being constantly ripped off.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth. Everyone without a season ticket must pay either 2 quid transaction fee or even more to get to the ticket office in person. No wonder they dropped "pay on the gate"

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Why don't you build a computerised ticketing system, perform systems assurance, UAT and offer to run & maintain it for a £1 per ticket fee... Keep us updated

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Why don't you build a computerised ticketing system, perform systems assurance, UAT and offer to run & maintain it for a £1 per ticket fee... Keep us updated

having worked in retail IT for the last 5 years i can say with a decent amount of certainty this wouldn't cost as much as you think and also 99% of businesses write this off as operating costs.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth. Everyone without a season ticket must pay either 2 quid transaction fee or even more to get to the ticket office in person. No wonder they dropped "pay on the gate"

Season ticket holders have to pay £2 per transaction as well for cup games. It can be slightly averaged down if you buy more than one ticket in the transaction.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I could do it easily, in fact I'd love the business; write the system and then sit and watch the money roll in week after week, month after month for no further work other than a bit of support, jeez it would be ideal. I'd probably be tempted to write and install it for free such is the return. And it would have a ticket exchange enabling the club to sell the same seat more than once per match.

Anyway you're looking at it from the wrong angle and frankly I've never understood attitudes like yours (and you're not alone). I'm sure you'd be pretty pissed off if you bought stuff in a shop and then found yourself hit with an additional £2 'Retail Fee' for each item. Your argument about passing on costs still applies: if you think you can rent a shop, pay rates, equip it, heat it, light it and staff it for nothing then keep us updated. The fact is the club/software supplier only charge a fee because it's the norm. In the old days a telephone booking fee was to cover the actual cost to the theatre or whatever as they had to physically send you the ticket or put it in an envelope and then provide staff for the Will Call desk. Now it's simply an easy cash-generating add-on to an electronic transaction. At least the club aren't the worst offenders; some on-line sales even charge you a fee - and then expect you to print out your own ticket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here