Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies have stopped taking bets on us being promoted

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sheff Weds have decent odds to be relegated , bearing in mind we still have to play them :laugh:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Excellent, according to that site, Paddy Power have Swindon at 200/1 to win the league!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ladbrokes are 1/66 to win the league.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
What a season! Those odds are truly remarkable when you factor in that we still have eight games left to play. Eight!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
To be promoted on VC we are 1/200 and that was before last nights game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Paddy Power have started paying out on us to be champions according to the Argus

Bookmaker pays out on Albion From The Argus)

A bookmaker has already declared Albion League One champions.

Paddy Power is paying out to people who faithfully backed the team at the start of the season - when their odds were 14/1.

A total of £70,000 is expected to be owed for bets that the Seagulls would win the league or be promoted.

A spokesman for the firm said: “The champagne may only be on ice in Brighton but as far we were are concerned punters and Seagulls supporters alike can start popping the corks and collect their winnings.”

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
i had £10 in my online accout after the world cup, coundnt decide on whether to back Liverpool to win a single trophey or Brighton to win promotion....

i backed Liverpool

*facepalm

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've just been paid out by Paddy Power too! :thumbsup: nice little bonus for a few beers on Saturday then.

They may well be paying out on it - but they're also still taking bets on it too (albeit at only 1/33). Lump all your winnings back on, and make even more ;-)

if you back any 1/33 shot you need your head tested, just read The Racing Post after any turn up, you'll get a lovely story of some (as Das would say) Toby matching a bet at 1.01 (1/100) etc, the latest being England to beat Ireland (in play) in the cricket. If I had £330 in my pocket and needed another tenner that badly i'd probably go begging in East St

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here