Booing Glenn Murray

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The applause for Wood was more for the quality of the goal, anyone is entitled to that, Christ, I've applauded plenty of opposition screamers in the past. As I said Ive no problem with people applauding ANY ex-player before the game no matter how good or bad they've been for us. Applauding an opposition player off the pitch DURING the game should be left to the plastics at Stamford Bridge.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The applause for Wood was more for the quality of the goal, anyone is entitled to that, Christ, I've applauded plenty of opposition screamers in the past. As I said Ive no problem with people applauding ANY ex-player before the game no matter how good or bad they've been for us. Applauding an opposition player off the pitch DURING the game should be left to the plastics at Stamford Bridge.

Oh well, you're entitled to your opinion.

As a matter of interest do you stay behind and applaud our players off the pitch?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Oh well, you're entitled to your opinion.

As a matter of interest do you stay behind and applaud our players off the pitch?

Sometimes yes sometimes no, not depending on how good/bad we've played or the quality of the game I've just seen but more on what else Ive got going on . Yesterday I was among the last hundred or so to leave their seat, next time I'll be up and gone on the final whistle.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Booing Murray just goes to show the narrow mindedness of some of the low-lifes who support the Albion. It's not his fault the the Club did not re-sign him last Summer and then spent the money on the likes of O'Grady and Baldock.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Booing Murray just goes to show the narrow mindedness of some of the low-lifes who support the Albion. It's not his fault the the Club did not re-sign him last Summer and then spent the money on the likes of O'Grady and Baldock.

Was he free to be re-signed ? Reading only have him on loan, though now recalled to Palace

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I agree about the panto villain but not your comment about being loyal. That works both ways and the club didn't offer him a good contract compared to what he could get elsewhere. It was reported he doubled his wages when he went to Palace. Who in the right mind wouldn't do that? Maybe dyed in the wool Brighton fans wouldn't but Murray, as with most players, is an employee, not a lifelong fan! If you are a Brighton fan but played for Everton, would you turn down the opportunity to double you money playing for Liverpool?

I agree with your comment on sacking on Xmas eve but the other two, do behave. Poyet knew he was going to be sacked and the club just confirmed that before he could start spouting nonsense whilst doing his punditry. As for DK, the club were right not to stock the book bearing in mind his ridiculous share offer and the fact that they weren't given a chance to see a copy which would feature the club and very probably the current chairman!

Classy as he is, Ulloa still went for more money, probably considerably more.

He was offered a new contract because his old one finished in June 2011. Unfortunately we kept being told that players futures would only be sorted once we knew which division we were in! In the end he was offered more to go to Palace (reportedly double). At that point, I wouldn't mind betting we already had the feelers out for CMS.

Ridiculous post. More like 10% of fans don't have a clue about the history.

My point was, you can dislike palace as we all do. But singing we are going to shoot them really isn't part of a great atmosphere! Especially when we're not even playing them?

SAC

May 21, 2014
No problem with pantomime booing but it can boil over into something quite unpleasant at times. Personally I don't like players who move and don't celebrate goals as I think it's disrespectful to the new club.

In the end he's a football player and will play for whoever will offer him the best terms and conditions. As would most of us at our own jobs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested we enquired about buying him back in the summer but our valuation and Palace where miles apart. They obviously wanted to recoup their outlay plus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports