Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Barnes?!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I know such a sentiment sounds silly, but given how the people who criticised him for not scoring, because a striker is all about goals, then turned around and said so what if he got a couple of goals there's more to it than that, you know that it would have played out exactly like above if he handed the ball over to Lopez and Spanish Dave missed.[/QUOTE]

But Spanish Dave doesn't miss. He has that quiet composure and confidence that sets good penalty takers apart. You watch their body language and you know and they know they are going to score.
Form doesn't come in to it. Lambert isn't always on his game when a penalty is awarded but the end result is always the same.
Ashley Barnes has changed his penalty-taking style two or three times. Not a good sign. For a while, we had the ' one step..bang ' method which seemed to work but then he reverted back to the conventional run-up.
If a penalty taker keeps tinkering with his method, it tells me that the player is lacking self-confidence.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But Spanish Dave doesn't miss. He has that quiet composure and confidence that sets good penalty takers apart. You watch their body language and you know and they know they are going to score.
Form doesn't come in to it. Lambert isn't always on his game when a penalty is awarded but the end result is always the same.
Ashley Barnes has changed his penalty-taking style two or three times. Not a good sign. For a while, we had the ' one step..bang ' method which seemed to work but then he reverted back to the conventional run-up.
If a penalty taker keeps tinkering with his method, it tells me that the player is lacking self-confidence.

There are very few players who take a significant number of penalties in their career and never miss one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here