Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
He was given a chance and he didn't take it. Obviously the right decision to bring him off but didn't deserve to be booed imho.

theboybilly

Bloody stupid. He's a young lad who doesn't know how we play and had a tough afternoon against 2 decent CB. Doesn't seem to know when we press and when we don't and think it made him look lazy. We don't need to get on any players backs

If he doesnt know how we play now he never will do. He was never, ever in the game. We had a chance of getting something at Leeds but CH decided on Akpom instead of Hemed. Chuba is out if his depth. We should have twisted Fulham's arm to get Cauly Woodrow

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Didn't notice any booing myself, was in East end of the North. Wouldn't have booed him, disappointed, was looking forward to seeing what he could do from the start. Precious little sadly, although as a team we were really not at the races first half which wouldn't have helped him. We just couldn't keep the ball and build up any attacking momentum

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Bloody stupid. He's a young lad who doesn't know how we play and had a tough afternoon against 2 decent CB. Doesn't seem to know when we press and when we don't and think it made him look lazy. We don't need to get on any players backs

How long does a player need to "know how we play"?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We might still need him,so lets not ruin his confidence totally,i know he had a very poor game,and not it seemed giving no effort ,does not show any sort of class.I hope he watched Hemmed's efforts,although he missed a good chance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If he doesnt know how we play now he never will do. He was never, ever in the game. We had a chance of getting something at Leeds but CH decided on Akpom instead of Hemed. Chuba is out if his depth. We should have twisted Fulham's arm to get Cauly Woodrow

:thumbsup:

A token acquisition at the end of the transfer window to give a feeling of momentum. Shite.

God forbid if Murray, Baldock and Hemed had all been out at any stage.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No way did Akpom deserve booing. He just looked horribly out of his depth at this level, almost like a non-league player. Spent the hour he was on the pitch mainly hiding or playing timid inconsequential two yard passes. Might as well ship him back to Arsenal now. He's no use to us at this stage in the game. Next time they ship him back out, they should ship him down another level to build up his confidence a bit, and maybe discover some real hunger for the game. He was just a passenger today.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Needs to learn how to stay onside too.

Lacking in either confidence or ability and subbing him was a good call.

I don't agree with booing any youngster though - bang out of order really.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Lazy, not interested! Did nt deserve that though!.Just showed how good Baldock is! Thought our fans were always a classier bunch who never booed anyone in the blue and white stripes, especially a young man making his full Albion debut! Shame on you muppets! Go and support Pompey or Palace!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Did not appear to be putting much effort in today and does not like to tackle he's no Baldock on today's showing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here