Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booed off v Forest

You play Solly March for 90 minutes..
Why do everyone keep dissing march? The US streams I watch think he's a great all rounder. In the last few matches he's been played at LWB, RWB, AM and swapped wings when subs were made.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Time for another break from NSC i think. Doing my head in already, people moaning about RDZ when we had 8,9,10 game runs of not winning under GP each season, and not scoring goals at home etc
The guy has had 4 games, we have created enough chances in those games to win 8 games, exactly the same as we did under GP.
To expect him to make these players composed regular finishers in 4 weeks when GP couldnt do it is ridiculous.

Wind your necks in and get behind the team.
Top post Marshy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Because we have an entitled support. Booing a manager 4 games in with the circumstances we have is pathetic nonsense.
He’s Italian…… He’s used to it ffs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Understandable perhaps, but why boo? that;s always bound to have a detrimental effect in the long term.
Like it or not, we are a crowd of customers, that is the brutal truth. There may have been some faux outrage when Barber used the term a few years back, but he was spot on. The posts across social media confirm this, not just NSC. 'We sing when there is something exciting to sing about', 'I've paid my money I'm entitled to boo'. Customers pure and simple. We don't like the idea or notion of it, but that is what it is.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Like it or not, we are a crowd of customers, that is the brutal truth. There may have been some faux outrage when Barber used the term a few years back, but he was spot on. The posts across social media confirm this, not just NSC. 'We sing when there is something exciting to sing about', 'I've paid my money I'm entitled to boo'. Customers pure and simple. We don't like the idea or notion of it, but that is what it is.
I still take umbrage, and totally disagree, with Barber's description of us as "customers".

If we were customers and we were not getting the product or the service we had paid for we would go and spend our money elsewhere. If I shop at Tesco and I don't like their prices or products, I have absolutely no loyalty towards Tesco so will happily go and shop at Aldi.

This is where the Barberism falls down. We are fans and supporters of BHAFC. We wouldn't think for a second about binning off our club and going to support palace or pompey instead. We do not have the choice - which a "customer" always has.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I still take umbrage, and totally disagree, with Barber's description of us as "customers".

If we were customers and we were not getting the product or the service we had paid for we would go and spend our money elsewhere. If I shop at Tesco and I don't like their prices or products, I have absolutely no loyalty towards Tesco so will happily go and shop at Aldi.

This is where the Barberism falls down. We are fans and supporters of BHAFC. We wouldn't think for a second about binning off our club and going to support palace or pompey instead. We do not have the choice - which a "customer" always has.
Depends if you view the Amex as a collective that share your passion and view, or whether actually the Amex is full of customers with actual fans spread around. We have quite a high turnover of season tickets, even before Covid the waiting list would reduce by 3k or so with STs being given up and new people coming in. I don't think fans who think like you boo their team off I really don't.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I put my hands up to booing the ref and Forest off the field. Does this help ?
Did you do it right at the half / final whistle or after a bit?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Not sure that's true in some cases. I still go when I can afford it but due to increasing costs in general I ditched my ST 3 years ago as it was a luxury I couldn't justify any longer. To compensate I watch my true 'local' side, albeit in non league, which I really enjoy. I will always be an Albion fan (had a ST for 37 years), but some of us can 'bin' off the Albion to watch other football. I know several fans at Shoreham who sadly have done the same, not because they're fed up with the Albion, but there is a cheaper alternative.

Sadly in these tough economic times football is one luxury that is expendible if finances are tight. I still consider myself a Brighton supporter, but one who just been priced out of going regularly.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I heard a very brief minor boo from very few people; I can't understand why it warrants a thread. It certainly wasn't "booed off"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

When you say “we” you sadly don’t speak for everyone. There will be thousands who would, indeed did, ‘bin off our club’ when chips are down. These days, plenty have 2,3 or 4 teams they support, often following players rather than clubs. Some weirdos even do that for Managers believe it not. Fans viewed as customers, considering the transactional and often fickle nature of relationships between clubs and supporters ,means this is probably more accurate than ever before.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I heard a very brief minor boo from very few people; I can't understand why it warrants a thread. It certainly wasn't "booed off"
because we’re Brighton fans and as such aren’t allowed to boo, no matter how bad, according to section 48.ii of the articles of association. Don’t you know ANYTHING?! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here