Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Boo Boys.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I heard very minimal booing but the bits I did hear were in the North Stand. No tourists in there. And I know the two posters your were trying to dig out a couple of posts ago are part of our hardcore support.

If you know who I meant with regards my earlier post, then clearly my assertion was correct, that some fans would rather Graham Potter wasn't our manager - despite playing some of the best football I have seen from a Brighton team in 50 years supporting.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Ah, so now, despite supporting Brighton home and away, through thick and thin, for over 50 years and not investing in the Palace rivalry I am somehow a bad fan and clearly not entitled to my opinion...

I want to see Brighton win every game they play in and if not give it a bloody good try in failure, which they did against Leeds United, so, in my opinion, they were I justly booed.

To add to this I am now getting a bit confused, as it seemed to be claimed by many that the boos were coming from small sections of the crowd and from JCL's or tourists, now you appear to be indicating its the "hard-core" support doing the booing, shame if that is the case.

I can honestly say I've never booed an Albion performance, although, to my eternal shame did walk out of a game at The Goldstone against Oxford (I think), when we were 4-0 down at half time if memory serves me correctly. Bad fan!

1982, FA Cup 3rd round. We lost 3-0 at home.:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how the 20-50 fans booing at the end can gain so much notoriety but nothing has been said about the 10,000 empty seats as the ref blew his whistle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where did I criticise him? As far as I remember I pleaded for him to buy a PL quality striker.

Is that a criticism?

Maybe I added something later in the thread but I’m not re reading what I wrote!!

The title.

If I started a thread called FFS Potter you'd be all over it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Funny how the 20-50 fans booing at the end can gain so much notoriety but nothing has been said about the 10,000 empty seats as the ref blew his whistle.

Good thing there is some bloke vacuum cleaning the planet for 65,219 negative things to rub in when people least need it so we can keep the toxic pie-throwing going on endlessly.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
I deplore the booing of our team . It is pointless , juvenile. On Saturday the lads played out of their skin, kept a clean sheet and created multiple chances. Nobody could say it was a boring game . I know we did not score but that's football.
I am not denying that our finishing needs to improve, must improve.... but we are 9th in the Premier League and they still got boos!
Makes us look like a bunch of "entitled" morons.

Spot on. I know the entitled/it's my club and I'll boo if I want to brigade exist at every club, not least our opponents tomorrow, but I would be a lot happier if ours stayed away and booed at their TVs and radios if booing is their thing.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I have an absolute dislike for Oxford, don't really now why but that game started it and there used to be an absolute bellend on here called dreaming spires I think, who was totally anti BHA.

The ironic thing was my Dad had given me a lift to the game, so having stropped out I had to spend the whole of the second half sitting forlornly on the bonnet of his car!

One of my most pointless life flounces...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seriously ? Might be third choice currently but that's not why they spent £5m on him.

Why cut out all of the post that answers your question, in order to ask your question in isolation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here