Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bongs replacement for the next game...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So NSC decides Baldock is crap because, even though he works hard, makes runs and space for other players, he does not score goals. After all, he is a strikers and strikers are paid to score/it is his job to score blah blah blah.
So people then say Bong is crap as he was bad going forward!? People admit he was good defensively, bit he is a defender, he is paid to defend/it is his job to defend. We kept a clean sheet.
I don't follow NSCs logic. Or is it just "oooooo look a scapegoat....get him!"

A very naive view of football where defenders only defender and attackers only attack.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's ok. He is striker and paid to score goals so those things are irrelevant to his performance according to NSC. So, he was shit last night, as was murray and hemed. Knockeart was shit too. He is winger and paid to get assists, he scored, but he is not paid to do that.
Some people have a retarded view of football.

Whoosh. Baldock is injured and didn't play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's "shoo-in", not "shoe in". Apologies for the pedantry, but I keep seeing this mistake and it seems as if it's going to be one of those many English expressions which is at risk of getting lost because people misuse it, or mistake it for something else.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shoo-in

No worries - every day's a school day :thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You are possible correct about right back but definitely wrong about left back and I think LR is awesome but not at left back.

I'm not one to get carried away with stats but just look at our record when Rosenior plays at left back... it is quiet unbelievable.

I can only go on what I see, and what I see when Rosenior plays at left back is a far more solid defensive unit.

When/if Rosenior does get the opportunity to play at right back I believe he will show he is best in that position also.

Bruno's form at right back has been ridiculously good since Rosenior has been with us however.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not one to get carried away with stats but just look at our record when Rosenior plays at left back... it is quiet unbelievable.

I can only go on what I see, and what I see when Rosenior plays at left back is a far more solid defensive unit.

When/if Rosenior does get the opportunity to play at right back I believe he will show he is best in that position also.

Bruno's form at right back has been ridiculously good since Rosenior has been with us however.

That would coincide with 9 other outfield players playing well, which hasnt happened this season yet.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bong wasn't playing well yesterday but I liked the fact that he didn't hide and he kept working hard. Maybe I'm easily impressed.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Its irrelevent though as we wont be seeing LR until christmas at best��

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Murphy stuck to the side line, which only gave Bong one option as Kayal didn't come over for passes either. The opposition knew where Bong was going to pass it so intercepted it.

Defensively he did well tonight, it was going forward where he had problems.

He did not have anybody to pass to. The opposing right back Tommy Smith was better than average. (I know what Joe Bennett would have messed it up big time.)

Hindsight would say Glenn Murray might have been a better choice as a started than Hemed as he is more mobile and goes wide occasionally. Give Bong an outlet (not a very good one giving Murray's relative lack of pace.).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Agree with this - LR is one of our best players. Can't wait for him to come back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here