Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bongo Bongo land

Jan 30, 2008
\

From an idiot naming himself DasReich, thats pretty funny.\
The man is a racist, a mysogynist, a homophobe, a xenophobe. With a proven track record for all. Your defence of him, doesnt really surprise me.
no i'm not defending him , i'm just making a general reference about the people you seem to take aim at , Das Reich yep that makes me a Nazi :rolleyes: problem for you dave is that you know that UKIP are addressing situations that all the do gooders really don't like to admit to, nice to see a bit of clamping down going on in Southall the other week :thumbsup:
regards
DR

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The funding comes from both sources. The prat from UKIP wants to abolish government contributions.

The activity on the ground is delivered by a variety of organisations, including charities, governments, non-governmental organisations, United Nations agencies, and commercial companies.

Any siphoning off of resources is done by crooks. I use the phrase "siphoning off" to illustrate a point. Part of my daughter's work in a Liberian refugee camp was to arrange fuel deliveries to maintain power supplies and ensure that vehicles could operate. Another part of her job was to reduce the amount of fuel that simply got "lost", once a vehicle had left the camp.

That's not entirely true, an ex colleague of mine now works as an auditor for a very well known UK charity.

In many circumstances payments are made to pay off local hoods and/or to employ them to enable the facilitation of aid etc. This can usually be arranged by a fixer in the govt etc. and may involve many different charities..............the fixers and others can get a commission or a gift too.

Protection or employment it makes no odds...............it will not help to change the local circumstances for the powerless.

Payment to gangsters is not the impression that the charities would like the public to understand in requesting donations but it is a unfofortunate fact of life when operating in challenging areas of the world.

It may be necessary but lets not go overboard on the veneration.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hove - indeed on the unelectability of almost any of the main "five" parties.

With the anticpated return of voters from Liberal to Labour, Hove's going to be a close seat regardless. This is exactly the type of seat where every Conservative voter
defecting to UKIP will go someway towards closing a small majority. Labour need seats like Hove for a majority at the next election, expect to see a lot of politicians at your door come GE time, your're slap bang in the middle of the battleground!

The good news though is at least your vote matters.

That's not entirely true, an ex colleague of mine now works as an auditor for a very well known UK charity.

In many circumstances payments are made to pay off local hoods and/or to employ them to enable the facilitation of aid etc. This can usually be arranged by a fixer in the govt etc. and may involve many different charities..............the fixers and others can get a commission or a gift too.

Protection or employment it makes no odds...............it will not help to change the local circumstances for the powerless.

Payment to gangsters is not the impression that the charities would like the public to understand in requesting donations but it is a unfofortunate fact of life when operating in challenging areas of the world.

It may be necessary but lets not go overboard on the veneration.
The small example I gave was the "leakage" of fuel from vehicles. It's a difficult issue to deal with and don't imagine it is as straightforward as an individual driver taking a few gallons for private use. There will be a flourishing, structured "business" behind the racket, supported by a team of "security officers", who "know how to do their job". For some reason, BP don't open petrol stations next to refugee camps.

And sometimes the going gets impossibly tough. Another example ... about a week after my daughter left Goma in the Democratic Republic of Congo, to return to London, the city was over-run by the Rwanda-based M23 militia (who are still there, incidentally, operating throughout the province of Kivu). The office staff of Merlin International, who co-ordinate front-line medical services throughout the Eastern DRC, had no option but to leave the country. And given that the neighbouring country was Rwanda, their hurried evacuation had to be to Kenya, although they've subsequently moved back to Rwanda. Meanwhile, of course, demand for medical services on the ground has increased considerably.

Whether the expenditure involved in achieving this left an audit trail that suits the accountants back in London has yet to be determined.

http://www.merlin.org.uk/ensuring-health-through-escalating-violence-dr-congo
http://www.merlin.org.uk/why-i-work-frontline

Incidentally, the young Miss Bracknell has now moved on to a job with another medical charity.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here