Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bongo Bongo land

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The simple fact is this - if he was making a point about foreign aid then that's an issue worth discussing, whatever your viewpoint. But the language he used is unacceptable and yes, it is racist. Anyone playing the 'political correctness gone mad' card is ignoring the issue to serve their own agenda, full stop. That is a cheap, lazy phrase used to deflect legitimate criticism, like 'loony left' and 'toff right', it's a vehicle of the stupid to try and discredit a valid point. He may very well have a point about our foreign aid policy, but to make it in that way is unacceptable, and then to outright refuse to apologise only goes to further prove he is a bigoted dinosaur. In a time when Farage is under pressure to publicly prove his party isn't racist, to let Bloom get off with a slapped wrist is a massive error.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Farage isnt in a position to though really...

'Nigel Farage (UKIP MEP since 1999, leader of the UKIP group of MEPs in the
European Parliament since 2004; former UKIP Chairman, 1998-2000 and cofounder,
UKIP) told former UKIP leader Dr Alan Sked “We will never win the
****** vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us”, according to Dr Sked.'

Whilst thats Dr Sked's interpretation, ive not heard, or read a response to the contrary.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Farage isnt in a position to though really...

'Nigel Farage (UKIP MEP since 1999, leader of the UKIP group of MEPs in the
European Parliament since 2004; former UKIP Chairman, 1998-2000 and cofounder,
UKIP) told former UKIP leader Dr Alan Sked “We will never win the
****** vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us”, according to Dr Sked.'

You love quoting Dr Sked as some truthful guru - the key phrase being "according to". Dr Sked is a disillusioned and bitter man, I'd stop taking his word as gospel if I were you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Anyone who thinks we give aid altruistically is a little misguided. It's politically motivated and aimed at furthering British interests. Sometimes this will be beneficial to the citizens of the recipient country, often it won't be.

Anyone who uses the term 'bongo bongo land' is a moron.

I have used it frequently. Is it any worse than Ruritania?

In a time when Farage is under pressure to publicly prove his party isn't racist, to let Bloom get off with a slapped wrist is a massive error.

I once had the dubious pleasure of having half an hour in the company of Farage, while we were both waiting to make an appearance on the regional version of the BBC's Politics Show. This was when the Seagulls Party was attracting media interest. Farage is a very shrewd manipulator of the political process. He was quite happy to offer tips to me about how a small party like the Seagulls Party could broaden its public appeal.

I suspect UKIP are playing a game here. Farage is leading the move to broaden the party's appeal to the middle ground ("of course we're not bigots"), while Bloom is making reassuringly racist remarks to ensure that committed bigots don't desert UKIP.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You love quoting Dr Sked as some truthful guru - the key phrase being "according to". Dr Sked is a disillusioned and bitter man, I'd stop taking his word as gospel if I were you.

Yes, thats the usual response...he is bitter.....

I would take his word, way before I took the word of a chancer like Farage....im not the only one, as results show.

The simple fact is this - if he was making a point about foreign aid then that's an issue worth discussing, whatever your viewpoint. But the language he used is unacceptable and yes, it is racist. Anyone playing the 'political correctness gone mad' card is ignoring the issue to serve their own agenda, full stop. That is a cheap, lazy phrase used to deflect legitimate criticism, like 'loony left' and 'toff right', it's a vehicle of the stupid to try and discredit a valid point. He may very well have a point about our foreign aid policy, but to make it in that way is unacceptable, and then to outright refuse to apologise only goes to further prove he is a bigoted dinosaur. In a time when Farage is under pressure to publicly prove his party isn't racist, to let Bloom get off with a slapped wrist is a massive error.

Indeed, I completely agree although I think his thinking in just giving him a slapped wrist is calculated to appease both sides of his party.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The man is a fool, he has clearly used this wording before, UKIP are a protest party which will be swallowed but in the next few years as the Tories move even further to the right, on effect of this Tory switch will be idiots like this leaving politics, even the Tories would not pick a candidate like him.
I am a massive fan of overseas aid partly due to the fact when it is not used to help we usually end up going to war in the region and losing good men and women. Afghanistan is such a large example of what happens when a country abandoned and refused any aid. If we are not there to help and support someone else will.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I once had the dubious pleasure of having half an hour in the company of Farage, while we were both waiting to make an appearance on the regional version of the BBC's Politics Show. This was when the Seagulls Party was attracting media interest. Farage is a very shrewd manipulator of the political process. He was quite happy to offer tips to me about how a small party like the Seagulls Party could broaden its public appeal.

I suspect UKIP are playing a game here. Farage is leading the move to broaden the party's appeal to the middle ground ("of course we're not bigots"), while Bloom is making reassuringly racist remarks to ensure that committed bigots don't desert UKIP.

If indeed this is true and planned forward thinking perhaps he should indeed be Prime Minister.... That appears a damned sight smarter than the present incumbents are ! ???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'Bloom was also accused of verbal homophobic abuse by fellow MEP Nikki Sinclaire, a lesbian, who later won a discrimination suit against the party and became an independent politician'

'Bloom was ejected from the European Parliament in 2010 after heckling German MEP Martin Schulz with the Nazi slogan 'Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer.'

'The BFP is a splinter group of the BNP, which in turn was a segment of the NF. It was registered on October 18th 2010 by former BNP members Peter Mullins and Simon Bennett. The party formed a pact with EDL to stand under the 'British Freedom' name at elections. Its chairman Paul Weston was a UKIP politician linked to the fascist European Alliances for Freedom which includes French anti-semitic Holocaust deniers - and headed by UKIP MEP Godfrey Bloom'. ''

'Godfrey Bloom (UKIP MEP since 2004) has notoriously declared: “No selfrespecting
small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a
lady of child-bearing age”. He applied for a place on the Women’s Rights
Committee of the European Parliament, saying “I am here to represent Yorkshire
women who always have dinner on the table when you get home. I am going to
promote men’s rights”. He wanted to deal with women’s issues because “I just
don’t think they clean behind the fridge enough”.
Mr Bloom later said that employers should not “waste” money training pregnant
staff, and added “Women don’t need protection nowadays – they’re the ones ruling
the roost”

'Godfrey Bloom MEP was asked about his parliamentary salary of
£57,485 he spluttered, “I can’t live on that!” – and was forced to backtrack hastily'

I hope they keep him.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Im not really being selective ......UKIP have a long track record of stupid statements....racist, mysogynist, and just plain daft....if they didnt, then maybe they wouldnt generate so much debate.
give it a rest dave, nothing to do with immigration/ EU membership then, you're trying to hard !!!
regards
DR

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
he's desperate is our dave, as i've said before he doesn't live here, some would say keep your nose out of it ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
'bloom was also accused of verbal homophobic abuse by fellow mep nikki sinclaire, a lesbian, who later won a discrimination suit against the party and became an independent politician'

'bloom was ejected from the european parliament in 2010 after heckling german mep martin schulz with the nazi slogan 'ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer.'

'the bfp is a splinter group of the bnp, which in turn was a segment of the nf. It was registered on october 18th 2010 by former bnp members peter mullins and simon bennett. The party formed a pact with edl to stand under the 'british freedom' name at elections. Its chairman paul weston was a ukip politician linked to the fascist european alliances for freedom which includes french anti-semitic holocaust deniers - and headed by ukip mep godfrey bloom'. ''

'godfrey bloom (ukip mep since 2004) has notoriously declared: “no selfrespecting
small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a
lady of child-bearing age”. He applied for a place on the women’s rights
committee of the european parliament, saying “i am here to represent yorkshire
women who always have dinner on the table when you get home. I am going to
promote men’s rights”. He wanted to deal with women’s issues because “i just
don’t think they clean behind the fridge enough”.
Mr bloom later said that employers should not “waste” money training pregnant
staff, and added “women don’t need protection nowadays – they’re the ones ruling
the roost”

'godfrey bloom mep was asked about his parliamentary salary of
£57,485 he spluttered, “i can’t live on that!” – and was forced to backtrack hastily'

i hope they keep him.
keep going left and you'll fall off the edge :facepalm:
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 22389

keep going left and you'll fall off the edge :facepalm:
regards
DR

I'm going to make an official complaint about the Dolmio advert with those stereotypical Italian puppets. Its offensive to Italian people, especially my mum. Is anybody listening, I thought not.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
The unfortunate fact that he speaks the truth will be roundly ignored.
The truth? You must be pretty gullible if you believe him. Africans are using charity money to buy Ferraris? Don't be so stupid!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
The man is a fool, he has clearly used this wording before, UKIP are a protest party which will be swallowed but in the next few years as the Tories move even further to the right, on effect of this Tory switch will be idiots like this leaving politics, even the Tories would not pick a candidate like him.
I am a massive fan of overseas aid partly due to the fact when it is not used to help we usually end up going to war in the region and losing good men and women. Afghanistan is such a large example of what happens when a country abandoned and refused any aid. If we are not there to help and support someone else will.
Well said. I would also add that spending money to help starving, war-torn and dehydrated people have a better life in their own country is far cheaper than helping them when they are forced to seek asylum here.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would take his word, way before I took the word of a chancer like Farage....im not the only one, as results show.

As the results show ? Really ?

When Sked was involved UKIP had no MEPs, no councillors and didn't even register on national votes the numbers voting were so small.

Since he left UKIP have MEPs, councillors and have pushed the Lib Dems into forth place. You can ( rightly ) suggest Bloom is an aging dinosaur who said the wrong thing but your love affair with Sked is bizzare. I'm not even sure why you're so bothered given your complete and utter hatred for UKIP ?

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes, MEP's who considered the bar more imprtant than a fisheries debate that ended hurting British fishermen.....and being thrown out of debates for being infantile. Keep hoping.
Did Sked encourage thus buffoon to be racist, mysogynistic, homophobic and stupid?

I have no 'love affair' with Sked, but you seem scared of what he says, as do other UKIP supporters, which is why i quote him....

Incidentally, on the question of monies being wasted, who was paying for his 'part time environment advisor' to the tune of 2k a month? Judging from what ive read about this idiot, and his obvious poverty on 57k, I doubt if it was coming out of his pocket.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here