Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The pass through to BZ was sublime (as was the finish) He's a "no frills" player but could be there challenging for player of the season come the business end

I've not seen a match where he's been outstanding but he is incredibly consistent with a 6 or 7 every single game

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was outstanding today - no question. I've no idea how anyone who watched that game could think otherwise.

With you on this. I'm still not convinced it was him fouling Wood for that free kick that led to their goal. He's so strong in the interception, and he times them brilliantly, excellent in the air, and can bring the ball out of defence too (though not with that much confidence).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With you on this. I'm still not convinced it was him fouling Wood for that free kick that led to their goal. He's so strong in the interception, and he times them brilliantly, excellent in the air, and can bring the ball out of defence too (though not with that much confidence).
It was wasn't for the tackle - he won the ball cleanly - but for the fact that he had a good handful of shirt as well, which the ref couldn't see but the linesman had a clear view of.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Someone suggested he was 'useless' after watching him train for two weeks.

They were wrong.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apparently played with a large cut on his foot for most of the game. Excellent assist and another very solid defensive performance. What a signing on a free transfer.

There was a large red patch (of blood) on the top of his sock that was clearly visible on the TV coverage.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whats his previous history,cant say i have had any knowledge of him

Played most of his career in France, where he was linked with Arsenal as a replacment for the shockingly bad Andre Santos. However a move to Arsenal never happened, and he spent 18 months at Olympiacos before joining Wigan in January. He also picked up a France U-21 cap before deciding he'd rather play for Cameroon, who he has 12 full caps for! Only 26 years old too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Certainly looks our best player at the moment. Played superbly, both defensively and going forward.

I think both Stephens and Beram are our most influential players currently, despite Stephens inability to take a decent corner.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What is encouraging and different from last season is that all players are contributing. Obviously there are errors, but all XI + replacements are making their mark at various times. Long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here