Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong or Pocognoli?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Both good players, I guess it depends how sore Pocognoli is after his first competitive game for a while.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Bong appears to be one of those players that needs a run in the side to get the best out of him, from last night it seems that poco can do one off's.
It's a bit harsh on the lad, but might be best for Bong to keep the shirt if there's nothing between them.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Likely to be the same scenario when Maenpaa stepped up and didn't put a foot wrong against Rotherham. Bong back on Tuesday is the likely outcome here.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Pocognoli made the game look simple last night. A really good performance although as others have said it wasn't like Leeds really tested our defence.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Pocognoli has to play. Bong has been poor for mostthe season (in my opinion) and Pog has done enough to keep the shirt!

Yes, agreed - he did well. Bong has been erratic, though to be fair, he did improve as the season has gone on, though he has himself to blame, as his tackle after a first yellow was crude and reckless to get that second yellow.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Pocognoli did a good job last night in defence but id stick with Bong does more going forward a hardly puts a foot wrong defensively.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
That Bong is good going forward is well known - 4 assists to his name already - and while he needs games to get back to his best defensively I would much rather let Poc keep the shirt for Tuesday.

Those citing Maeenpa as the reason he won't I think GK is slightly different to outfield players from that perspective.

We'll need Bong again at some point and would rather you had a hungry 'disgruntled' replacement working harder to get back in.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don't know.

Nice problem to have though.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I suspect you may be right, Chris does seem to opt for the tried and tested player in situations like this.

Shame in a way because Pocognoli did perform well last night, and can get forward well, as well as defend. Having come here on a loan deal until the end of the season, I'm sure he would have expected to have started many more games than he has done.

I would even go as far as to say, that if we do reach the promised land come the end of the season, he is one I might potentially look to signing full time. He certainly has the experience to perform in the Premier League.

The first time I saw him play was for WBA against Manu on Sky a couple of years ago - he played a blinder if I recall correctly !

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think it is encouraging that we have two really good options. This time last season we had to play Calde at left back. As great as he was for the club, we now have two great options for the position. I think I would stick with Pocognoli for now. The more games he plays, the better he should get and West Brom have said good things about him. I would be happy with Bong coming back too though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here