Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong back to his best

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can he play left back?

Would have still liked Jlloyd in there myself - perhaps we'll renew our interest in January? I may dig out my thread tomorrow...

As it stands we only need a striker as cover

No we don't.
The squad needs a starting striker, just like the centre of defence needed Duffy, even though NONE of us thought it did.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Afraid I have to disagree there.
I respect your right to be wrong :wink:

If he wasn't back to full fitness after a full pre season that would be worrying. Perhaps lacking match sharpness, yes.
I never fully grasped why, but they do say players that haven't played full competitive games aren't always match fit. But even if it's just match fitness he was lacking, that's enough to not be doing as well as he can.

It's always vital to have competition for places though
While it's good to have a backup, the idea that players don't give it their best doesn't apply to every player, and particularly not to most of the players we currently have I would say. You can see by their actions that getting promoted means a great deal to most of them, and they put the effort in for themselves and each other.

Bong saw how much the team gave during his absence, and how close they came to promotion. There's no way he came back from injury and gave it less than his all simply because no one else was going to take his place. And if you watched his early performances, you can see it was mistakes rather than laziness that were the problem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IF I had to be critical I would suggest that some of his clearing headers do not gain any distance
Is that a wind up? In 50,000 posts I don't think you ever mentioned heading distance, and now suddenly it's your thing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can he play left back?

Would have still liked Jlloyd in there myself - perhaps we'll renew our interest in January? I may dig out my thread tomorrow...[/QUOTe

As it stands we only need a striker as cover

No we don't.
The squad needs a starting striker, just like the centre of defence needed Duffy, even though NONE of us thought it did.

Is that a wind up? In 50,000 posts I don't think you ever mentioned heading distance, and now suddenly it's your thing.

Yep - one striker & Jlloyd Samuel and we're there - glad we all agree :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here