BOMB found in Shoreham

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I used to dig Red Ragworm at low tide on that island under the footbridge, used to find some strange odds and ends in the mud, plenty of pint glasses included.
Well if you set off from the waterside with a full pint, by the time you get to the middle of the footbridge its empty. So what do you do luzz the empty glass into the oggin:thumbsup:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
LamieRobertson; said:
Wondered what the 10 police cars were doing down there ..hmm might save then having to knock it down

It didn't as yesterday a house WAS knocked down on Soreham Beach Foreshore, if you're interested it should be within your budget at circa £2m on completion...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I believe a bomb was found under the North Stand at the Goldstone during one of its rebuilds. Or have I imagined that?

Dunno about that, but it was certainly damaged by a bomb during WWII.

The Goldstone suffered bomb damage in the summer of 1942 when a German bomb exploded at the western end of the North Stand, severely damaging the roof and girders. The roof had to be removed completely, but it was replaced by the time football returned to normal in 1946. The blast also blew out four windows in the West Stand and covered the pitch with debris.

Selhurst must have been hit too, but no repairs done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports