Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I know the reason why companies are sold for £1 - what I want to know is if this £1 is ever actually exchanged ???
It's all paper transactions so unfortunately nobody actually digs in their pocket for shrapnel. Which would be amusing.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Who is your avatar and is that the Ipswich badge?
Also, what was on the menu in the pub and does it do good lunchtime specials?
All valid questions I believe

Ron Fearon, also used to be a neighbour of mine. Used to do beat the goalie at the village fete.

The menu was good, gastro pub kinda food so burgers, fillet steaks, rack of lamb etc. Dean was a fan of the bar maids as youd imagine.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems a decent outcome for Bolton, the owner gets some money back, the debts are cleared and administration avoided with the lasting stigma this holds

Think BW will stay up, Lennon has them fighting. Lets face it they could have got something at the Amex if it were for Stockdale

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Dean used to live in the same village as me and eat in my Dad's pub.. That is all I have to add to this thread
I went on an "Alan Mullery Soccer School" holiday camp in 1982 and the Holdsworth twins were in my group. They were quite good.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Shame for Bolton that Freedman isn't there any longer, he could possibly give them advice on how to wriggle their way out of all their debts, a la Crystal Palace

Much better to risk a billion or so a month betting on the Asian football market for a 3% return . :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seems a decent outcome for Bolton, the owner gets some money back, the debts are cleared and administration avoided with the lasting stigma this holds

On the Bolton forum they seem to mostly be very angry with ED. They don't believe that he's put anywhere near as much money as he says into the club and has redirected money through his offshore companies to make the debt seem bigger so that he could "asset strip" it. All sounds like conspiracy theory bullshit to me but they don't seem happy about him becoming club president......

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/forum/bolton-wanderers/eddie-davies-to-be-club-president-!!!/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here