Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton players unpaid

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
SSN reporting a they are now subject of a winding up order from the HMRC

Yes, BBC saying the same. HMRC are normally big trouble as they demand payment or else and they aren't easily fobbed off. Looks bad for Bolton, they really could go to the wall a lot quicker than Pompey.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, BBC saying the same. HMRC are normally big trouble as they demand payment or else and they aren't easily fobbed off. Looks bad for Bolton, they really could go to the wall a lot quicker than Pompey.

Mark Beeney and Howard Wilkinson :bowdown:

£173m in debt. Yet another masterclass in how NOT to run a football club.

I expect Gartside will be trotting out his "2-tier Premier League" idea again soon, with no relegation from the 2nd tier. Might struggle to get that pushed through for May though.

Football club in debt never:facepalm: WAKE UP WE ARE LOSING 250K A WEEK AND WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Football club in debt never:facepalm: WAKE UP WE ARE LOSING 250K A WEEK AND WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD!

Get promoted and that will look like petty cash though...people like TB see the big picture that we fans might struggle with.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Blame overinflated player wages. We're (well I say we, obviously not you) are doing our bit turning up every week in good numbers.

Blame overinflated player wages. We're (well I say we, obviously not you) are doing our bit turning up every week in good numbers.

I think i am doing my bit, if thousands of others turned their backs on modern football ticket prices would come down and players wages would hopefully be adjusted. How disgusting that however popular the Albion are they will always lose money unless can get fingers into the pot of sky loot.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think i am doing my bit, if thousands of others turned their backs on modern football ticket prices would come down and players wages would hopefully be adjusted. How disgusting that however popular the Albion are they will always lose money unless can get fingers into the pot of sky loot.

*dreamer*

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Get promoted and that will look like petty cash though...people like TB see the big picture that we fans might struggle with.

What big picture is that, the same one the Bolton owner saw until there was no more money to give, throwing money to make it back to the big time of the premier league worked well for them

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What big picture is that, the same one the Bolton owner saw until there was no more money to give, throwing money to make it back to the big time of the premier league worked well for them

So all clubs that go into the Premier League mis manage their finances and fail do they? Sunderland are obviously a basket case but how about clubs like the current Palace? :smile:

Unlike Sunderland we have an infrastructure that gives us an excellent chance of progressing WHEN we go up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It just isn't correct to compare the total financial mess at Bolton to what TB is doing. Dig a bit deeper than the basic numbers (covered on other threads) and it's obvious that there is no comparison.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That happened earlier in the week, not sure why its new news

Looking at the article in the post above mine, it appears as if earlier in the week was more 'HMRC are looking at it and are expected to issue a winding up order' and yesterday's news was 'it's officially happened now'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here