Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Player Ratings

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bruno - 7 purely on the second half, he showed passion and loved him getting Barnes off so we could try to get on with the game but he should have closed down Alonso for the goal

Bruno - 7/8 - getting forward at will, linked up well with Spanish Dave and Buckers, arguably our best player

--------

first things first, Im not a big Bruno fan, but I just can't see how anyone can score Bruno more than 5 for his performance yesterday. His defending is dreadful. Nearly every goal we concede comes from his side - either a cross or a shot. Teams target him. He's so frightened of the wide player going past him he stands 10 yards off and lets them cross or shoot. Time to play Calderon.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Kuszczak - 6

Bruno - 5
Upson - 6
El-Abd - 6
Bridge - 6

Bridcutt - 7
Lopez - 5
Crofts - 5
Vicente - 5

Barnes - 1 (Missed two great chances and is a childish prick, release him)
Ulloa - 6

Buckley 4
Orlandi 5

Buckley 4? he sounded immense on the sussex county radio commentary???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bruno - 7 purely on the second half, he showed passion and loved him getting Barnes off so we could try to get on with the game but he should have closed down Alonso for the goal

Bruno - 7/8 - getting forward at will, linked up well with Spanish Dave and Buckers, arguably our best player

--------

first things first, Im not a big Bruno fan, but I just can't see how anyone can score Bruno more than 5 for his performance yesterday. His defending is dreadful. Nearly every goal we concede comes from his side - either a cross or a shot. Teams target him. He's so frightened of the wide player going past him he stands 10 yards off and lets them cross or shoot. Time to play Calderon.

Really? I thought Bruno was almost back to his best yesterday - in defence and attack. It was certainly the best I've seen of him since the autumn.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Really? I thought Bruno was almost back to his best yesterday - in defence and attack. It was certainly the best I've seen of him since the autumn.

I'm probably being a bit harsh on him for y'days performance through disappointment, however it's been noticeable for quite a few weeks now how many goals/chances are created by teams down our RHS. Bruno lacks discipline, is often found in no man's land and shows little effort in chasing back.

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
I went yesterday and its the first time I've seen you live this season. I'm not for one minute suggesting that one game is indicative of a seasons worth of what you guys have seen but heres how I'd rate what I saw.

Kucschak - good goalie, maybe could have done better yesterday for the goal but hes a good goalie and worthy of a place in a side challenging for promotion

Bruno - I thought he was ok tbh
Upson and El Abd - solid centre half partnership
Bridge - decent player, was average yesterday imo

Bridcutt - I think you overrate him you know based on yesterday. Breaks up play well, but limited going forward, and while I acknowledge that hes a defensive mid and his main job is to tackle and press, which he does well, I feel in the Premier League he'd get found out. People giving him MOM yesterday, I wonde at what point youd ask for a little bit more from him rather than praising a performance I felt was very limited

Lopez - good player
Crofts - non existant yesterday - I dont know what hes like week in week out
Vicente - classy but relied upon a bit too much maybe

Ulloa - lack of movement yesterday,bit unit though who looks like he could be a handful in the right games plaed to his strengths
Barnes - poor yesterday, got frustrated as well, maybe understandably

Orlandi - I like him, should have started for me
Buckley - same as Orlandi, should have started imo, looked dangerous

Overall - a good team with maybe a slight lack of creativity at times. Overreliant on Vicente in that department maybe?

Deserved at least a point yesterday

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player ratings:

Bridcutt 7.40
Bridge 6.20 (68mins)
Bruno 5.90
David Lopez 5.80
El Abd 5.80
Upson 5.80
Kuszczak 5.70
Ulloa 5.40
Vicente 5.20
Crofts 5.00 (58min)
Barnes 2.60 (94mins)

Sub
Buckley 6.00 (37mins)
Orlandi 4.75 (27mins)

Team average: 5.50

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I went yesterday and its the first time I've seen you live this season. I'm not for one minute suggesting that one game is indicative of a seasons worth of what you guys have seen but heres how I'd rate what I saw.

Kucschak - good goalie, maybe could have done better yesterday for the goal but hes a good goalie and worthy of a place in a side challenging for promotion

Bruno - I thought he was ok tbh
Upson and El Abd - solid centre half partnership
Bridge - decent player, was average yesterday imo

Bridcutt - I think you overrate him you know based on yesterday. Breaks up play well, but limited going forward, and while I acknowledge that hes a defensive mid and his main job is to tackle and press, which he does well, I feel in the Premier League he'd get found out. People giving him MOM yesterday, I wonde at what point youd ask for a little bit more from him rather than praising a performance I felt was very limited

Lopez - good player
Crofts - non existant yesterday - I dont know what hes like week in week out
Vicente - classy but relied upon a bit too much maybe

Ulloa - lack of movement yesterday,bit unit though who looks like he could be a handful in the right games plaed to his strengths
Barnes - poor yesterday, got frustrated as well, maybe understandably

Orlandi - I like him, should have started for me
Buckley - same as Orlandi, should have started imo, looked dangerous

Overall - a good team with maybe a slight lack of creativity at times. Overreliant on Vicente in that department maybe?

Deserved at least a point yesterday

cheers lar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here