Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bold starting line up by naylor

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Assuming Knockaert is playing on the right i would have KLL 4th choice on the left behind skalak, murphy and rosenior (in no particular order). Since his injury Kaz has looked pretty ineffective to me. (hopefully this post will be brought back to haunt me after he bangs a couple in tonight!)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
My guess is CH will go 4411 for the away leg. Kayal & Sidwell central, sitting slightly deeper than usual. Then one from Baldock, Knockaert, Skalak or Murphy genuinely in the hole (rather than a ST just dropping in defensively), and Kaz on the bench alongside Wilson for a last 30 pace injection.

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Goldson Rosenior
Skalak Sidwell Kayal Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed

Maenpaa, Bong, Calderon, Towell/Crofts, LuaLua, Baldock, Wilson.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The headbanger that is Jiří Skalák needs to be given a big role in the play-off games IMHO. Unpredictable and at times unplayable, he'd be a mare for Wednesday defenders to handle. Especially if they're fully occupied trying to keep Knocky in check. Hemed and Baldock? Not so much.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'd certainly be a surprise if Lualua starts, I'd go for Skalak myself, erratic but sublime.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The headbanger that is Jiří Skalák needs to be given a big role in the play-off games IMHO. Unpredictable and at times unplayable, he'd be a mare for Wednesday defenders to handle. Especially if they're fully occupied trying to keep Knocky in check. Hemed and Baldock? Not so much.

I agree, Skalak is a pest, but this is a game of 180 mins. Personally I was surprised that Skalak didn't start against Boro, but Hughton may have thought that Murphy is more defensive and thus safer. Who knows what the thought process is over the two games? I'm inclined to think that Kaz should be tested to start the first leg.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would like to see some pace up front and us keeping the ball on the floor i.e. wingers or forwards running into the box that might mean Hemed is the one to play behind or not start.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here