Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boiler Installation Quotes

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I need to get a new boiler as my flat is like an igloo. I had a quote from British Gas for £4200...

I have an average/small 2 bed flat.

This includes a Pipe Flush, a 24KW Vaillant boiler (which seems way too powerful for a 2 bed flat)

Does this seem too much to people in the know? How much would you expect it to be?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I need to get a new boiler as my flat is like an igloo. I had a quote from British Gas for £4200...

I have an average/small 2 bed flat.

This includes a Pipe Flush, a 24KW Vaillant boiler (which seems way too powerful for a 2 bed flat)

Does this seem too much to people in the know? How much would you expect it to be?

British Gas is always 40 percent more than I charge. However 'Souf Londen' is a bit further out than we usually work!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sorry forgot to add my quote does include a powerflush. Either way i wouldnt have thought it would be more than 2k...

I am based in SW London

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
British Gas prices are an utter rip off. They trade on their name.... you'll get a better deal almost anywhere else.

I've just had a much more complicated job than that done in a 2 bed flat, including power flush and a couple of days related building work for less than £4k.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yea thinking i may just go to check a trade and get someone to install the new boiler...

Is it wise to do the chemical powerflush or not?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A couple of years ago I paid £700 for a Bosh Combi boiler for a 1 bedroom flat and five years ago £1200 for a combi boiler for a 3 bedroom bungalow so your quote seems a complete rip off !!!!! That said, I didn't use British Gas !

EDIT - the second example included the power flush.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yea thinking i may just go to check a trade and get someone to install the new boiler...

Is it wise to do the chemical powerflush or not?

Yes and no! It can sometimes dislodge crap in the pipe-work that has been covering a pin-hole leak or worse. Then its floors up trying to find the fecker. However most boiler manufacturors insist on it for their extended guarantee.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
A couple of years ago I paid £700 for a Bosh Combi boiler for a 1 bedroom flat and five years ago £1200 for a combi boiler for a 3 bedroom bungalow so your quote seems a complete rip off !!!!! That said, I didn't use British Gas !

EDIT - the second example included the power flush.

Wow £1200 for a new boiler and powerflush... Now this is a price i need to hunt out...

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunatley [MENTION=17331]greengu11[/MENTION] non of those grants work for me :( the government were doing a £500 boiler scrappage scheme but i dont think this is still going?

Thanks for the recommendation [MENTION=20457]granadacf[/MENTION] unfortunately im based in Kingston.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here