Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bob's Booking

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Were you aware that if they implemented this, we’d be in the ground for about an extra 25-30 minutes?

Apparently the average amount of time the ball is actually in play in a game is something like 62 minutes. Not complaining, just think it’s mad.

Simple. Make it 30 minutes playing time each way. End of time wasting once and for all. End of Fergie time for big teams. End of referees making pr@ts if themselves by playing on long after they should have blown the whistle (Man.Utd. at home). Win all round, problem solved.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
To remove ANY reason to time waste.

Not sure it would though. The players will still do it.

Either way it not going to change at the moment, a small change might happen at some point in the future but not for the foreseeable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The problem with games like last night is that City effectively "banked" time for later in the game then they needed it.

[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] suggested that if teams waste time early in a half, the referee should not add that time on at the end if it turns out that team needs it by the time 90 minutes is reached..

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Matty Ryan was a master at taking his time with goal kicks for us when we needed to knock a few more seconds off the clock

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The sooner we have a clock which stops when the ball goes dead the better.
This must never be allowed to happen. If it does happen, it will only be a matter of time before the Americans add tactical timeouts, where we have an add break.

The ref got it wrong with the yellow card for us and not them, but it's not the end of the world.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I was fuming at the ref for booking Sanchez. Totally unnecessary, hadn't been time wasting at all compared to Ederson. The ref just feeling the pressure as the game ticked down I think.

What did make me laugh, and a few people around me, is that even after going behind, Ederson still appeared to be in no rush whatsoever. That was one occasion on 86 mins or something when he seemed to take just as long as when they were 2-0!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Matty Ryan was a master at taking his time with goal kicks for us when we needed to knock a few more seconds off the clock

And there's the rub.

As is the case with most examples of shithousery in football, we often quite like it when our players do it, but get enraged when the opposition do the same to us.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not sure it would though. The players will still do it.

Either way it not going to change at the moment, a small change might happen at some point in the future but not for the foreseeable.

Of course it would stop time wasting.

If the clock is stopped, is Ederson still going to take two minutes taking every goal kick?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And there's the rub.

As is the case with most examples of shithousery in football, we often quite like it when our players do it, but get enraged when the opposition do the same to us.

Of course all teams do it. Webster wasn't injured when he headed the ball away deep into stoppage time last night.

He went down, held his head, took a minute to get back up knowing less than half the time would be added on.

If the clock is stopped every time the ball goes dead, all the cheating, from all teams, including ours, will stop.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I had a look on a Man City forum for their perspective....one guy was fuming because the ref took 45 seconds to book Sanchez, but then didn't add any further time at the end!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Still annoyed by this, Ederson was wasting time on every goal kick, it must've amounted to at least 10 times for what Sanchez done on his one occasion. Top six decision

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I had a look on a Man City forum for their perspective....one guy was fuming because the ref took 45 seconds to book Sanchez, but then didn't add any further time at the end!!

I saw on another forum last night a comment that Man City fans wouldn't cope with being a fan of any team outside the top 6 because they get so enraged with decisions that happen to them just once but which almost every other team in the league faces several times in every game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And there's the rub.

The worst was Kuipers because he used to take so long to take goal kicks and that was when we were losing games!!!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Simple. Make it 30 minutes playing time each way. End of time wasting once and for all. End of Fergie time for big teams. End of referees making pr@ts if themselves by playing on long after they should have blown the whistle (Man.Utd. at home). Win all round, problem solved.

Actually, make it 45 minutes playing time each half.

D

Deleted member 2719

So Ederson wastes time throughout the game (until City start losing)

Doesn't get booked.

Sanchez does it once and gets booked.

And City benefit from Ederson's time wasting - as the 5 minutes added time (added because of HIS timewasting) gives them the opportunity to equalise.....

The sooner we have a clock which stops when the ball goes dead the better.

I would like it to have a 10-second countdown clock, played for the fans to countdown.:lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I wish the following would be immediate yellow cards;

Kicking the ball away
Standing in front of the ball as the opposition player tries to kick it.
Keeper holding the ball longer than 10 seconds - if has already been warned once by the ref about it.

There’s no plausible excuse for any of them. The players know exactly what they’re doing, and a couple of early yellows would stop them doing it.

Add to that the yardage stealing for free-kicks and throw ins. Fernandinho had a free kick in the middle of the back and FOUR TIMES he threw is 6ft in front of him, Zeqiri threw it back and the ref pointed to the original spot. Wasted about a minute and even then he just played a square pass. Just book him! Same with throw ins, take it from where the ref tells you, not where you want to.

Just use the vanishing spray for all free kicks and throws. It's a minor peeve in the scheme of things, but it's the kind of low level cheating that really gets my goat.

Oh and somehow Ederson not getting booked for picking the ball up and trotting to the other side of the goal after being warned 4 times is... a 5th warning, but Sanchez takes his time over one goal kick and it's a yellow? GIve me a break.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Still annoyed by this, Ederson was wasting time on every goal kick, it must've amounted to at least 10 times for what Sanchez done on his one occasion. Top six decision

A 'top 6' decision on a night when we had the better of the marginals ?

Had we been them a thread abusing the ref would have been on NSC well before the end of the match.

They never seem to appear when we win.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And there's the rub.

It may look, feel and sound like enragement, but it's all panto isn't it?
When an opponent is getting dog's abuse for time-wasting, and they then roll the ball over to the other side of the box, despite what I might be vocalising, inside I'm thinking "Well played".

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Add to that the yardage stealing for free-kicks and throw ins. Fernandinho had a free kick in the middle of the back and FOUR TIMES he threw is 6ft in front of him, Zeqiri threw it back and the ref pointed to the original spot. Wasted about a minute and even then he just played a square pass. Just book him! Same with throw ins, take it from where the ref tells you, not where you want to.

That was bonkers. All right he played a square ball but from the wrong place when he had been told quite animatedly from the ref it needed to go back a few yards. It's no wonder they don't get any respect is it.

As for Ederson, well I backed him at 14s to be booked after he had been warned for the second time. Shortly after I'd done that we scored.......You're welcome everyone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here