Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whats our budget this season ?
We're not buying 4 strikers from England with the criteria me and Yoda are talking about.

TBH Citeh and Chelski probably couldn't afford to either.
Irrespective of the fact I doubt they even exist in England, as here goal scoring talent isn't allowed to develop through the leagues.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Pay him £15K per week on a two year contract £1.56 Million in total or sign an average striker for £2 million plus wages.

I would sign him, he isn't as unfit as some would make out on here, hopefully we would get 30 games per season out of him. He is a different player to the one we sold, he is clever, knows where the goal is and holds the ball up. Play a pacey striker off him and I can see a decent partnership up front for us.

I really don't think it is that much of a gamble.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Pay him £15K per week on a two year contract £1.56 Million in total or sign an average striker for £2 million plus wages.

I would sign him, he isn't as unfit as some would make out on here, hopefully we would get 30 games per season out of him. He is a different player to the one we sold, he is clever, knows where the goal is and holds the ball up. Play a pacey striker off him and I can see a decent partnership up front for us.

This is very much my view. I think he has something to offer this team beyond just being a pure goal scorer. His footballing intelligence would be of use both on the field and on the training ground. I wouldn't see him as a major contributor on the goal front, but he could bring the best out of others. As part of a striking quartet I think Bobby adds value to the squad and if he is prepared to do it for (what would be for him) a cut price contract you'd know he'd be doing it because he WANTS to be here and help the club where quite frankly he did actually enjoy playing. I am definitely in favour of him coming back.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Opening game of the season with Zamora in the team would easily add 2k to the gate , i struggle to comprehend peoples views that he could not cut it in a toothless Brighton team , he is class , a far better player than anything we currently have on our books , people saying oh but he is always injured holds no sway in my opinion , any player no matter how much he costs can get injured , pay the money , bring him home .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
And Leon Knight was with him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This is very much my view. I think he has something to offer this team beyond just being a pure goal scorer. His footballing intelligence would be of use both on the field and on the training ground. I wouldn't see him as a major contributor on the goal front, but he could bring the best out of others. As part of a striking quartet I think Bobby adds value to the squad and if he is prepared to do it for (what would be for him) a cut price contract you'd know he'd be doing it because he WANTS to be here and help the club where quite frankly he did actually enjoy playing. I am definitely in favour of him coming back.

Then offer him a position on the coaching staff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, as here goal scoring talent isn't allowed to develop through the leagues.

The problem is that we just don't produce players with the close ball skills and instant control of foreign clubs and for a forward that is a massive advantage. It's nothing to do with developing through the leagues imo. Foreign strikers are better, end of story.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As much as I agree with the sentiment, it seems like an awful lot of dead money, for a player that will not give the team a full season, and doesn't match last seasons style of play.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

Nail hit squarely on the bonce! Couldn't have said it better.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
CMS - £3m
Baldock - £2m
Colunga - £1m
COG - £500K

I'd say Bobby on a free represents good value.

compared to how much CMS must have cost over his entire stay with us, yes.

People say we're short of creativity - well, Zamora would provide some, plus maybe a few goals.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Spot on except for one glaring flaw: We categorically will not play 2 up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS - £3m
Baldock - £2m
Colunga - £1m
COG - £500K

I'd say Bobby on a free represents good value.
Or there's no value shopping in England, and risks shopping abroad.

TBH I'd rather the club made cheaper potential mistakes from abroad, as any pay off could be massive.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Blimey i've never seen anything like it.

If it was any other 34 year old striker we were sniffing around who'd managed a total of 11 goals in his last 3 seasons, scored less than even our front line last season last time he graced the Champ,and we had to go back 6 years for a season when he grabbed more than 10 goals then the knives would be out.. Let alone have a dodgy fitness record to boot and some hefty wage demands.. Literally anyone else and NSC would be in meltdown at the very prospect of it. Yet. All of a sudden everyone has become all forgiving, even rational, and sympathetic all in one afternoon..

We really are a bunch of sentimental old softies after all.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont think anyone is saying Zamora is the man to fire us back to the premier league, far from it.

But as someone who is still very good, could play 30 games in a season, and be one of our 4 strikers next season he would be great and give the whole club a massive lift.

As long as we sign another younger striker maybe proven at our level, with Zamora, Baldock and lets say Colunga or another as other options we would have a pretty decent 4 up top to select from.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Would fans turn on BZ for not scoring in 2 games?
Sure I'm being a little hyperbolic.
But I don't imagine even a legend like Bobby

But to be fair he's only a legend to about 6000 of us though isn't he? Sadly our new fans won't know the history in the same way as we do, you could see the boo boys out on him after a few non scoring matches.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Opening game of the season with Zamora in the team would easily add 2k to the gate , i struggle to comprehend peoples views that he could not cut it in a toothless Brighton team , he is class , a far better player than anything we currently have on our books , people saying oh but he is always injured holds no sway in my opinion , any player no matter how much he costs can get injured , pay the money , bring him home .

This always puzzles me too.

No I am not saying BZ is in the same class when both were in their prime but people on here go all week at the knees when Vicente is mentioned but was he not also riddled with injuries.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Blimey i've never seen anything like it.

If it was any other 34 year old striker we were sniffing around who'd managed a total of 11 goals in his last 3 seasons, scored less than even our front line last season last time he graced the Champ,and we had to go back 6 years for a season when he grabbed more than 10 goals then the knives would be out.. Let alone have a dodgy fitness record to boot and some hefty wage demands.. Literally anyone else and NSC would be in meltdown at the very prospect of it. Yet. All of a sudden everyone has become all forgiving, even rational, and sympathetic all in one afternoon..

We really are a bunch of sentimental old softies after all.

Cant agree with you more. Carlton Cole is being mentioned in another thread & the general consensus is he is past it now. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here