Bobby Zamora, would you want him back?

Bobby Zamora

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We've seen the blue print on how to get out of this division going up.
We've seen the blue print on how to get out of this division going down.

Which category do you think a slow, physically worn out, comparatively elderly, despondent player would fit into?

The guy is a true Albion legend.
But it's about time the club and especially the fans found some new legends.
We should stop popping on the rosy specs and harking back to the days that were, when we're all completely honest with ourselves, also like this season a bit shit as well.

Does anyone actually want to rekindle our rivalry with Chester-feckin-field?

I very much agree with all of the above.
:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Which category do you think a slow, physically worn out, comparatively elderly, despondent player would fit into?

despondent? thats a pretty harsh appraisal of a player that has always appeared to be a solid honest professional and spoken of highly by his managers. i've no illusions that he'd even break double figures, as i say in an earlier post i would want him as the messiah, he would be a good squad player for any team at our level. the blue print to going up is to have some like him around.

or put another way, if he'd never played for us before, if he was available this summer for sensible wages would you really say no? id have him over half the other so called forwards we've had the past couple of season.

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Fence. You can't sign a player for a 46 game season if he's only capable of playing around 20, legend or not.
We took on Vicente in pre FFP times, when the clubs spending was a little out of control, but we were on the cest of a small wave. As I type this he's on MOTD and has managed around 65 mins, in part of a 38 game season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes alongside the right man he would be perfect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. Perfect replacement for COG.

We'd still need the Ulloa replacement we've been waiting a whole season for though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
despondent? thats a pretty harsh appraisal of a player that has always appeared to be a solid honest professional and spoken of highly by his managers. i've no illusions that he'd even break double figures, as i say in an earlier post i would want him as the messiah, he would be a good squad player for any team at our level. the blue print to going up is to have some like him around.

or put another way, if he'd never played for us before, if he was available this summer for sensible wages would you really say no? id have him over half the other so called forwards we've had the past couple of season.
Ulloa aside I would have taken Bobby over all 19 other strikers used in the Amex era.
But that's has everything to do with the clubs recruiting abilities than Bobby's.

The bottom line is he just can't play a full season.
If the club was looking around for a player to compliment our forward line with a little guile and wisdom I'd take him in a heart beat.
But its not, chances are CH could be looking for as many as 5 attacking players, why would he want to waste a space on a player who can't play.

If there's enough change left after CH has got in all the players he wants/needs I'd be ecstatic if we got BZ as well.
But not as one of 'the' summer signings.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
1999–2000Bristol Rovers4(0)
2000Bath City (loan)5(7)
2000Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)6(6)
2000–2003Brighton & Hove Albion119(70)
2003–2004Tottenham Hotspur16(0)
2004–2008West Ham United130(30)
2008–2012Fulham91(20)
2012–Queens Park Rangers78(11
His career goal tally according to Wiki, he is now 34 years old and clearly can't do 90 minutes or a full season, which I understand and appreciate, the wages he would want to come back here and play part games / part season/s would be massive, surely that money would be better spent on a younger striker who can hopefully look forward to a few years with us............As a club we just don't have the money to be sentimental, I want to remember BZ for what he did for our club back in the early 2000s.
If he came back in another capacity, part of the back room staff etc, then thats a differant matter.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've always said 'No' when this question comes up, but I'm slowly coming round to 'Yes'. Even a BZ at one tenth of how we remember him will be a massive, massive improvement on what we've got.

So I'm saying 'maybe', with caveats such as wages etc being right.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Yes, but how much dosh will he want!!!! & I expect he'll be out quite a bit with injuries! But I would luv to see him back.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, his wages will be far too high for a player who can't and won't play regularly.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought the consensus on here is that we don't want another elderly, increasingly slow and disinterested striker eeking out his pension for one last pay day.

Anyone remember the sucesses that were Martin Chivers and Frank Stapleton, let alone Leon Best?

Never go back - it always ruins the original.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does NSC insist on looking backwards instead of forwards?

Here's the profile of Watford's pretty decent right back:-

THE HORNETS completed the signing of Ecuadorian full-back Juan Carlos Paredes in July 2014, on a five-year deal.
The attack minded, versatile defender arrived at Vicarage Road off the back of impressive performances for his country at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil, in which he completed 90 minutes in each of La Tricolor's group matches as they narrowly missed out on the last-16.
Domestically, Paredes had previously plied his trade exclusively in Ecuador, turning out briefly for Huracán SC and Barcelona SC early in his career, before one season with Deportivo Cuenca in 2009. A move to Deportivo Quito followed, where he earned a Primera A winner's medal in 2011.
His performances earned him a move back to Ecuador's most successful club Barcelona on New Year's Eve in 2012, where he made a further 43 appearances before joining the Golden Boys.

There's tens of thousands of footballers in world football.
Sure there's a gamble with signings like Paredes, and the hope would be his hunger for success would outweigh his desire to 'do a Kemy'.
How many Albion players have been hungry for success this season?

Either way Watford aren't paying him top dollar to find out, not this season, anyway.

Yet all Summer NSC is going to be full increasingly desperate attempts to get the old band back together again.
They weren't good enough then, why would they be good enough now.

We've been handed an ideal opportunity to rebuild around Kayal, lets start a fresh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here