Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora - I'm Coming Home.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Agree. Feels a little like the moment Vicente was signed. Having said that, there were many supporters left very frustrated and upset by what they thought were poorly spent wages and the return they got from him in terms of fitness/appearances.

I'd still take Vicente back now given the chance!! Lol

They got that stunning run and strike against Derby. Anyone who saw it will never forget it. They got his single handed demolition of that giant club forty miles along the South Coast. They got....There must be loads of journeymen who provided an excellent return on investment. I remember the great moments not the statistics

"The game is about glory. It’s about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I don't have the slightest objection to this, as he will add experience to the squad. However, I do hope that this is not the club going for a cheaper option and that BZ will be in addition to a younger proven striker. He is 34, had had well documented injury problems, and does not seem to have done pre-season. How many times in the past have we been told how hard it is to catch up without that 5 to 6 week pre-season grind. It is a gamble, albeit a welcome one.

It's hard to disagree with any of this to be fair but in terms of giving everybody a lift and blowing away some of the apathy that consumed the place after last season, this news is a real tonic! Also, the extra ticket sales and merchandising will cover some of the cost. It is a gamble on both sides as Bobby himself will want to do well of course.

I for one am feeling on top of the world at this news! :albion2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thank you for that... brilliant...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuine tears of joy, watching that. Many thanks :bowdown:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I give you Paul McGrath.

Perhaps a nice relaxing summer will have been just what the old bones needed.

30 appearances last year I believe.

Thanks. But did he do pre-season? Yes, fully agree that a summer break is needed and they are usually told to rest their bodies for 3 weeks then undertake rigorous training on their own so as to report back for tests as to their fitness levels. I recall a friend's son running up a long hill and back four times dressed in a wet suit and then having pints of sweat to release. No one wants him to be successful more than I do, rest assured, but this lack of relative fitness and pre-season grind could well haunt him this season, or at l east for the first few months, and perhaps cause him increased risk of injury.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's hard to disagree with any of this to be fair but in terms of giving everybody a lift and blowing away some of the apathy that consumed the place after last season, this news is a real tonic! Also, the extra ticket sales and merchandising will cover some of the cost. It is a gamble on both sides as Bobby himself will want to do well of course.

I for one am feeling on top of the world at this news! :albion2:

Despite my afore-mentioned reservations a to his fitness levels, these are my thoughts entirely. Football is a confidence game and if it gives everyone a boost, then go for it! Fully agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here