Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Z retires

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Always seemed a decent sort and I'm glad when he returned it it was such a positive experience (apart from the injury), would have hated it if he had flopped.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When Bobby scored that great goal against Huddersfield at the Amex last season obviously everyone jumped to their feet and was jumping around. Then I looked down and saw my son was crying. As he is only 6 I asked him if he was OK as I thought maybe he got bashed in the uproar. He just wiped his tears and said the goal made him so happy it made him cry!

I'm not ashamed to say I cried when he scored the 89th minute goal at Elland Road last season. Those 12 years that he'd been away seem to melt away. It was like having a favourite son return home.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Great player. Only a handful of us can say we saw his career from start to finish. Where does time go, just pleased a whole new generation got to see him in an Albion shirt at the Amex.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think one of my favourite BZ moments was the goal against Leeds last season, at their place in stoppage time.

Still had it. Lovely.
2nd only to when he SMASHED the ball into that little girls FACE at the Madstad. Served her right for supporting the Royals ;) Legend...

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Great player. Only a handful of us can say we saw his career from start to finish. Where does time go, just pleased a whole new generation got to see him in an Albion shirt at the Amex.

My sentiments exactly. Two words, God and striker coach? (Yes ,I realise that's 3 words but hey-ho eh? )

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My sentiments exactly. Two words, God and striker coach? (Yes ,I realise that's 3 words but hey-ho eh? )
Nah, as if we need a striker coach at the Albion...;)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I missed most of his career but what i saw of him was enough to show he was one of the greatest players to have played for the Albion - it was not just the goals BUT the way he worked with the other players last season when it might have been possible to have a free ride and lord it over them. great ambassador for the game not just the Albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thanks Bob.

I was too young to remember Peter Ward. But you were THE BEST striker I have ever seen play for BHA.

Hopefully the knees can hold out for a REMF cameo one day :thumbsup:

Think you'll find there are more than a handful of us still around :bigwave:

It wasn't THAT long ago :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

There is not many people in this world that gives me the same feeling that bobby does apart from my family of course.

Thanks for coming home, now get your badges and comeback home again and coach our strikers....................please.

If your reading this Bobby, the wife does a great roast dinner and there is always space at our table for you and family, mind you pudding would be extra though!

Au revoir and thank you, you legend. :bowdown::bowdown:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shame he couldn't finish his career with us going up

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am surprised that he thought he could play again, but last season if it wasn't for him we would have missed the top 2 by more than goal difference.

If we need a striking coach I would get him in, even if it's just for the youth development.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
We obviously weren't just a one man team back in the day but the lift having a player like Bobby gave to this club was immense after what went before.

Then to come back AND score some great/important goals.

Thanks Bobby.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When Bobby scored that great goal against Huddersfield at the Amex last season obviously everyone jumped to their feet and was jumping around. Then I looked down and saw my son was crying. As he is only 6 I asked him if he was OK as I thought maybe he got bashed in the uproar. He just wiped his tears and said the goal made him so happy it made him cry!

You need to tell your son to MAN UP.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks Bob.

I was too young to remember Peter Ward. But you were THE BEST striker I have ever seen play for BHA.

Hopefully the knees can hold out for a REMF cameo one day :thumbsup:
Well I remember Wardy, (I saw the majority of games he played for Brighton), and at the risk of upsetting some of my fellow Old Gits I'll actually say that Zamora was overall marginally the better player. Plus Zamora made a success of his career in the top division whereas Ward made his name for us in the 2nd and 3rd tiers, but never really made that big an impact in the top division. (He was sold in a three-way deal that saw Gary Birtles moving from Forest to Man U and Andy Ritchie coming from Man U to us. Nobody really felt that we got massively the worst of that)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seeing him play one last season for the Albion was a personal wish come true.

He really is an Albion great in the proper sense of the word, a real hero of a striker and it was brilliant to see him play for England - and play well too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here