Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Z and Chris H speak to Bleacher Report

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Written by Dick Tight's SPIN Doctor so what do you EXPECT ? Dick Tight's plans was one stand and THREE temporary ones which he didn't even have enough cash for

I know there was all your pantomime ARS stuff on here on his watch, but it WAS pantomime when he was heading a group of fans bankrolling the club while we marched back through the lower divisions.

However, what really irked me and tainted my memories of Dick Knight was the total absence of a credible plan to actually get the stadium built, the seemingly avoidable steps back we were taking, and most of all, the refusal to ever explain where the funding was coming from. And all we got from his inner circle was load of bullshit nose-tapping and patronising head-patting that everything would be all right and we had nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fabulous article. Thanks for sharing :bowdown:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I know there was all your pantomime ARS stuff on here on his watch, but it WAS pantomime when he was heading a group of fans bankrolling the club while we marched back through the lower divisions.

However, what really irked me and tainted my memories of Dick Knight was the total absence of a credible plan to actually get the stadium built, the seemingly avoidable steps back we were taking, and most of all, the constant begging (what happened with the 40 note fund?) coupled with a refusal to ever explain where the funding was coming from. And all we got from his inner circle was load of bullshit nose-tapping and patronising head-patting that everything would be all right and we had nothing to worry about.

You see, that's a re-writing of history.

40 Notes was set up by the fans, not Dick, nor the club. Indeed, at first, DK was hostile to it.

He didn't 'beg' for it, nor did he rely on it; it was a gift from the fans to the club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fine piece Nick.
PS: Bet you're relieved we're still unbeaten/top 2 given you said on the Roar that you wrote it 4-5 weeks back. :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fine piece Nick.
PS: Bet you're relieved we're still unbeaten/top 2 given you said on the Roar that you wrote it 4-5 weeks back. :)

It was very decent of Chris and the boys to sort it so I didn't need to do a major rewrite, I must say. Not every club would go out of their way like that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Excellent article Nick.

For a guy that supposedly 'doesn't like football' Bobby is pretty affectionate about our football team isn't he?!

And Barber couldn't stop himself having a dig at Gus could he?! No love lost there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here